Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Free filament - CarboMorph electrically conductive polymer

Posted by stuartgrover 
Free filament - CarboMorph electrically conductive polymer
December 05, 2012 07:06PM
Hi,
I'm in the process of making some 'Carbomorph' which is the electrically conductive polymer pioneered by the University of Warwick in the UK (http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0049365#s4), the filament is 3mm and will print using regular ABS/PLA settings. If you would like some to test out please email me at stuart.grover(at)parts2print.com.au and i'll send some your way. All I ask in return is that you let me know what you are using it for and how well it prints...

Thanks

Stu
Re: Free filament - CarboMorph electrically conductive polymer
March 27, 2013 01:04AM
Hi,

I am getting a new 3d printer (I had a prusa mendel) and it takes 1.75mm ABS. Is there any chance of getting it made at this thickness?

I could potentially print you a sample and send it back to you.

I want my 3d printer to be as experimental as possible so would love to encorporate this into some of my designs.

We are making 3d printed electric guitars at work so it could come in handy to print the wiring etc inside the body of the guitar.

See link below about the guitar:

[www.forbes.com]
March 27, 2013 01:41AM
Hi,
The material is pretty flexible so at 1.75mm it may not be stiff enough to be pushed through the hot end. If you don't see this as a problem because of your printer design then i'll make up some 1.75mm and send it to you if you email me your details.

Thanks

Stu Grover Parts2Print.com.au
April 03, 2013 06:00AM
Hi there. Would you still be willing to make a sample and donate it and/or answer some questions about it ?
April 03, 2013 06:03AM
Probably best to email me...
Stu,
Would it be possible to purchase or have you send me a sample to test with my printer? I'm very interested in testing this for a digital control line.

Thank You,
Dave
June 04, 2013 03:54PM
Hi Dave,
Shortly after I started testing it the filament became available through a number of online retailers for example:
[www.3dprintersuperstore.com.au]

I think the conductivity of them is still pretty poor and it is more ABS-like than ABS but still worth a try.

Thanks

Stu
Stu,

Yes i just purchased the filement from amazon.com and am about to start conductive tests shortly. Given that the ABS is ~10K ohm it may work for some of my cases however i thought that CarboMorph had a lower resistance. Do you have actual measurement of the resistance of the material you generated?

Thanks
Dave
November 21, 2013 02:08PM
Hi there,
Could you send me some Free filament??(I had a prusa wood model) and it takes 3mm ABS. I want to print out electronic component. I am in sheffield university. Cheers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2013 02:17PM by yyiiwei.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login