Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel Parts Acquision and list.

Posted by Sin984 
Prusa Mendel Parts Acquision and list.
December 18, 2012 11:04AM
Hi guys, this is what I am going to buy and where I am going to get it from.

I can't seem to paste it as a spreadsheet, but if you want a spreadsheet copy, let me know. smiling smiley

I think this is all the parts I need... and it looks like some of the cheapest places in Australia.

I need to save up for a couple of weeks (being xmas after all).
comments?
suggestions?
your parts and price lists?

Remember, this is for the Prusa-Mendel v2 (cheapest I can find is 700 and something euro's for everything in a kit online)

*Edit* The bilbycnc website said it's a flat rate of $10 for items totaling less than 250 (from memory) within in australia..... which is awesome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2012 11:12AM by Sin984.
Attachments:
open | download - xmas list.png (152.7 KB)
Re: Prusa Mendel Parts Acquision and list.
December 19, 2012 01:08AM
I bought all of my stuff from ebay, bunnings, 3dprintergear.com.au or hotends.com for $567.44 (see top row in first sheet) which included 1 kg of PLA plastic. all prices were included delivery fees (totally sucks living in australia when it comes to postage).

I have seen the RAMPS kit for 100 so I'm definitely sure you can get everything for less.

Good luck smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - Prusa Mendel Parts.xlsx (91.4 KB)
December 19, 2012 06:23AM
That's dude, I'll have a closer look..

Yea, Australia is definately not the best place for supplies.
December 30, 2012 06:09PM
Hi folks,
Any updates to the Australian Suppliers wiki would be greatly appreciated .always looking for another piece confused smiley
Cheers,
Scott
January 25, 2013 12:09AM
Hi mate,

I would recommend avoiding Bilby CNC, they suck.
I am currently waiting on an order they said shipped on Monday, but they didn't actually send until yesterday.
Their pulleys are extremely cheap and nasty, and the latest batch were all faulty. (not concentric)
"Their" NEMA17's you can buy direct from Longs Motor on eBay (that's the brand Bilby provide) for about 1/4 the price.
The only good part is friendly staff and free shipping over $250.

For smooth rod and bearings I would highly recommend SES Linear Bearings.
For threaded rod and vitamins I would use stainlessstore.com.au - they are awesome.

I have spent probably twice the money I should have building my machine, purely because I have been screwed around by dodgy and expensive suppliers.

Ash
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login