Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1st Meeting

Posted by pawaller 
1st Meeting
February 14, 2013 08:39AM
Proposed date of the inaugural meeting....

8th March 2013 @ The Lounge, Biggleswade... [www.theoldmaltings.co.uk]

See their website for directions etc.

We plan to start the meeting at 8:00pm but the venue is open all day and serves food etc if you get there early and are peckish!

There will be an area upstairs set aside for us. Free wifi is available.

Just to reiterate... my initial idea was to set up a regular gathering to meet up face to face and share advice/experiences and offer help to anyone seriously thinking about building their own machines. I want to keep this informal. I haven't planned any sort of agenda, I am expecting people to mingle and break off into small groups.

Please email me directly pawaller@gmail.com if you would like to be notified by email of upcoming meetings.
Also if you plan on coming to this one, please let me know so I can get an idea of numbers, thanks.

Please chime in if you have any ideas/ suggestions.

Regards
Phil
Re: 1st Meeting
February 14, 2013 09:48AM
Well done Phil, thanks for organising this - I will definitely try and be there.

Should have some pictures of my Prusa I'm making and probably a ton of questions smiling smiley

Kevin
February 14, 2013 05:18PM
I should be there no problem smiling smiley

Im new to the reprap scene, but definitely looking forward to meeting fellow reprappers!
February 26, 2013 11:28AM
Count me in I will be there.

Mike

Time to play every day... Why be bored and old smiling smiley
March 04, 2013 03:30PM
This is a great news - well done Phil. I'll do my best to make it up.
March 07, 2013 06:32PM
I realise that I'm a bit late getting on the ball with this, but I'm in south cambs with a (mostly) working prusa, and can make it tomorrow night - is the meetup still going ahead?
March 08, 2013 03:25AM
Lsutehall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I realise that I'm a bit late getting on the ball
> with this, but I'm in south cambs with a (mostly)
> working prusa, and can make it tomorrow night - is
> the meetup still going ahead?

I'll certainly be there.
March 08, 2013 03:50AM
See you all later, if anyone needs a spare part printed or anything like that let me know soon.
March 08, 2013 11:39AM
Looks like im going to be stuck in work tonight..
Will be looking forward to the next meet !
March 08, 2013 07:53PM
A big thank you to all who made it to the 1st meeting, despite the horrible weather.
I think I counted 8 of us, which was more than I was expecting to attend :-)

I sincerely hope each and everyone got something out of the evening (I certainly did!), and it was worth attending. Sorry if I wasn't able to speak to everyone properly.

I will arrange another meetup and post the date on this forum, if you are not already on the email list please drop me a note and I will add you ([email protected]).

Please chime in if anyone would like anything in particular added the to the "agenda"

Regards
Phil
March 08, 2013 08:20PM
Cheers for organising it, it was great. Sorry to run off - I got the last train home by 5 mins which was scary. Next time I'd be keen to swap filaments if anyone was interested, I'd quite like some abs to play with, and have loads of pla to swap. Cheers,

James
March 09, 2013 04:05AM
Yes a great first meeting, thanks Phil for organising it.
Not sure what the rest of the customers thought of us lot fondling little frogs and talking to Yoda smiling smiley
March 09, 2013 05:14AM
I really enjoyed last night and got alot out of it. Id like a list of pla that people are using if possible, esp as the youngestif us sat oposite me if i can remember you been atbit for 5 years.. Your prints were great esp the red pla liked that alot.

In fact both set of printes for you and phil were great.

Also can we get a list of what software we are all using/going to be using.

Im more than happy to collate the lists if people mailed me the info. That way bit would keep The forum posting tidy.

I do a review of the mendel 90 once it arrives thats on order at the moment from nophead. Should be next week when it arrives so maybe the week oft he next meeting.

I think we are a good bunch and all have some very interesting angles on the use of our printers. Sorry i cant remember your name but one of you mentioned a nophead inteview video, do you have a link for it.

Many thanks

Time to play every day... Why be bored and old smiling smiley
March 09, 2013 12:23PM
Thanks you for organising the meeting.

I was really interested to hear your development stories and as mentioned above was surprised at the different uses you are using your repraps for.

I am looking forward to the next meeting.

Helium Frog Website
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login