Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Building a Medel90 Dibond - Nophead.

Posted by Cylon 
Building a Medel90 Dibond - Nophead.
March 27, 2013 06:48PM
Hi all,

In case anyone is interested, I wrote a bit of a blog about my building the Mendel 90 from Nophead.

[cylonmike.blogspot.co.uk]

Take a look if your interested.

I will update it tomorrow, with some more detail.

Regards.

Time to play every day... Why be bored and old smiling smiley
Re: Building a Medel90 Dibond - Nophead.
March 28, 2013 06:42AM
Very cool - I'm amazed at the quality of those first prints. How many hours in total do you think you spent building before you started the first print?
Re: Building a Medel90 Dibond - Nophead.
March 28, 2013 09:46AM
Hi,

I took my time really on the build, spending about 6-7 hours a day over the four days. If you had nothing better to do with your life and had no commitments you could build it in 2 days no problem.

I had some numpty brain dead issue with the bed calibration but that was my fault. slowed me up by at least 3 hours I think.

I will say that Nophead helped me out quite a bit after the first Android print, sorting out Skienforge, totally lost the plot with it and could not see the would for the trees.

I ended up not using the files he sends for the config, but hey that's learning for you.

The prints are all default setting's, and I have not altered anything in Skienforge or Pronteface. So downloading the things from Thingiverse and printing them was easy once I got my head around things. I really need to understand the G-code too so I can get some better and quicker results also.

Its amazing the prints that come out of this thing by default. truly cant wait to really start exploring the setting and what have you. I will bring some stuff with me to the next meeting to show everyone.

I would love another one of these but need to earn some more cash first smiling smiley

Thanks.

Mike

Time to play every day... Why be bored and old smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login