Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lulzbot AO-101 3D printer now hosted at Cubehero

Posted by iamwil 
Lulzbot AO-101 3D printer now hosted at Cubehero
November 07, 2013 10:53PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that the Lulzbot AO-101 is now hosted at Cubehero. I wanted to make open source 3D printers more accessible, so I mirrored the project to make it more accessible. Let me know if you have any feedback.

Wil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 10:53PM by iamwil.
Re: Lulzbot AO-101 3D printer now hosted at Cubehero
November 13, 2013 11:57PM
Great idea. I have converted many of the printed parts to FreeCADĀ if you're interested. Could also provide STEP files which can be imported by most CAD programs. I'm also working on a full assembly, but it may take me a while to complete it. Unless you want to keep this repo in sync with Lulzbot source (i.e., frozen)?

The model in the screen capture is a mish-mash of the AO-100 and AO-101 (I have an AO-100 on which I'm doing some AO-101 upgrades). I can easily create a "pure" AO-101.

Cheers

Norm
November 14, 2013 03:39AM
As far as I can tell after watching it for a while, Lulzbot doesn't really update their AO-101 downloads folder--as they've moved on to their TAZ and TAZ 2 printers.

Sure, if you have FreeCAD versions of the 3D printed parts, I can put that into the repo.

If you want to keep your own repo of a AO-100 and AO-101 hybrid, by all means, create a repo on Cubehero and you can upload the files to that. Let me know if you have any problems.

Wil

Cubehero: Work on 3D printed projects together
[cubehero.com]
November 15, 2013 12:26AM
The downloads.lulzbot.com repo remains pretty static, development files are posted on devel.lulzbot.com.

They've upgraded the x-carriage last September. [devel.lulzbot.com]
[forum.lulzbot.com]

I'll create a repo when I have a complete assembly. smiling smiley
November 15, 2013 01:27PM
Weird. according to the directory in devel, under AO-101, most of the files are in downloads. This is what I mean by it's hard to find which files are which, and you don't know which ones are the latest ones.

Thanks for the update on the X-carriage! I'll update the AO-101 repo with the upgrades.

Cubehero: Work on 3D printed projects together
[cubehero.com]
November 17, 2013 02:16PM
download.lulzbot.com = code to products as released. Basically static once pushed out for a model.

devel.lulzbot.com = any development before or after a printer is released. It is a moving target.

-Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login