Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'd like to see a compilation of visual problems and solutions

Posted by BobHewson 
I'd like to see a compilation of visual problems and solutions
December 17, 2013 12:32PM
I have been "playing" around with my printer for months and have had more problems than I can count. I have returned to ground zero several time re-starting from scratch and am still no closer to getting good reproducable prints.

I find problems listed in the forum and solutions to try. I have asked for an recieved help many times. Many topics seem to just fade away and you never know if the problem was solved or what more to ask. Without photos of problems its often difficult to know exactly what problem is being discussed or resolved, (As an aside, I tried the "torture" test print to evaluated a few setups, Slic3r defaults, defaults from my Extruder/hot end supplier, setups from the Slic3r on-line manual, and set-up from the new Slic3r eBook from "Make:", the results were quite different further emphasizing the need for a graphic "universal" trouble shooter).

There seems to be two types of printer owner/operators; highly technical types and non-tech laypeople. Often the solutions pass right over me technically so I end up trying things that keep fouling me up.

I would sure like to see a visual troubleshooting articles that could be included in an issue of the magazine or even a forum dedicted to identifying and resolving problems. By visual I mean lots of photos, solutions and photos of the results of solutions offered.

To develop such a trouble shooting guide would require a lot of effort and help from both those needing help and those offering same, all in an easy to understand format.

If others see a similar need and are interested I am willing to co-ordinate such an effort.

Bob
Re: I'd like to see a compilation of visual problems and solutions
December 17, 2013 12:39PM
I totally agree. I know the wiki has some examples, but I'm also new to the printing scene and been learning the hard way how to read the prints and troubleshoot them. I've started documenting them for my reference.
December 17, 2013 02:43PM
If you guys are not already aware of it, you may want to check out the Print Troubleshooting Pictorial Guide. If you can add your own pictures to this page it makes it that much better. smiling smiley
December 17, 2013 03:43PM
Thanks Matt,

Strange that you should say that, I was searching the net for another solution and Google directed me to the Print Troubleshooting Pictorial Guide too just a few minutes ago. Looks like it was here all the time. A quick scan of the guide shows exactly what I was suggesting. No need to re-invent the wheel. Too bad I didn't find it earlier, could have saved myself some time and trouble.

Bob
July 19, 2014 12:01PM
Also, Everything from this Ultimaker guide applies to most RepRaps.

[support.3dverkstan.se]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login