How to learn to use OpenSCAD

Posted by jpan 
How to learn to use OpenSCAD
January 18, 2014 09:04PM
Sounds complicated as for me, a noob...smiling bouncing smiley
Re: How to learn to use OpenSCAD
January 18, 2014 10:22PM
Read the manual!!

Play around with it. Download and study some scad files from thingiverse.

It's actually a pretty simple to use program
February 08, 2014 04:54PM
Have this page open at all time :-)

OpenScad manual

Next, if you have invented some nice code, put the "model ()" statements around it and save it in your archive library.
Than start every new OpenScad design with an include of your models library so you can easily call them without re-inventing or re-typing

Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
February 08, 2014 06:26PM
Thanks! I have being reading the manual slowly since last week and now just able to make a polyhedron. Still a long way to go...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 16, 2014 02:12PM
[www.makerbot.com]
makes it easy to learn the essentials.
March 18, 2014 12:12PM
Why use openscad if you can use google sketchup? Or even get your hands on a real CAD program like solidworks and Inventor. It seems overly complicated and featureless.
March 18, 2014 08:43PM
Well I do have sketchup and rhinoceros on my computer and tried to learn them myself once. But obviously I fail, or I might not have noticed openCAD....
March 19, 2014 04:14AM
Crewmember
Why use openscad if you can use google sketchup? Or even get your hands on a real CAD program like solidworks and Inventor. It seems overly complicated and featureless.

Maybe keep this discussion in the separate topic you stated for it a week ago with the same bashing quote confused smiley?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 04:16AM by Replace.

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
March 19, 2014 04:57AM
?

I posted both topics yesterday. Ive never even heard of openScad a week ago.

I posted this reply here in this thread and then tought to myself that I dont understand why people use openScad. Hence me opening that topic.
March 19, 2014 05:16AM
Sorry, my mistake.
I I mistook dates among each other.
Thanks for the reply in the other topic :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login