Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Turn your 3d printer in to a tireless, money-making machine!

Posted by Andy_Doucette 
Turn your 3d printer in to a tireless, money-making machine!
March 05, 2013 07:49PM
Have you invested thousands of dollars building a 3D printer and dozens of hours painstakingly calibrating it? After you printed a few objects for fun, did you find it sitting dormant much of the time? Are you ready to let your creation start making money?

If so, become an official Print a Thing supplier. Print a Thing is a crowd-sourced 3d printing revolution. The system gathers orders, combines them onto easy-to-print beds, and sends them to you to print, allowing you to stick to what you're passionate about – 3d printing. We pay for your services, and you can even choose your rate.

Turn your 3d printer in to a tireless, money-making machine! To join the revolution, email me at: [my first name]@printathing.com.

Sincerely,
Andy Doucette
Founder of printathing.com
Re: Turn your 3d printer in to a tireless, money-making machine!
March 11, 2013 10:51PM
What a great opportunity! smiling smiley
July 10, 2014 09:52AM
Hi I have a 3dstuffmaker prusa mendel reprap printer and would love to join in on making this stuff that you need and make money doing it. Currently I am having a problem with my printer that I can not figure out how to fix and was wondering if maybe you could help me figure it out or if not maybe knew someone that could. I'm real good with my printer at printing amazing things and also usually at fixing it but this problem has me real stumped. Can you please help?
July 15, 2014 09:46PM
You're better off getting help in the General forum [or more applicable one depending on the problem]. Also, better off getting help actually describing the problem, and in detail.

Got any example prints and what you would pay? It's an interesting concept, would you be able to easily deny/claim print jobs? How clean is the system?

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
July 15, 2014 09:53PM
Tried three times to sign up as a supplier, but I got no confirmation page, nor does dashboard display anything besides the title "Dashboard."
Like the panning scroll, though. On my computer it's clean and smooth, as is everything.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
November 06, 2014 05:45PM
Hi MrDoctorDIV,

Thanks for signing up! We're glad to have you as part of the team. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some issues while signing up on our site. We've now tracked down and fixed the bugs that may have been present. If you try again now, you should have a much smoother experience.

If you have any other issues, please feel free to contact me directly. We care very much about supplier satisfaction and I would like to personally learn about any remaining concerns.

Sincerely,
Andy Doucette
Founder/ CEO of Print a Thing
[myfirstname]@printathing.com
November 11, 2014 06:02AM
Hi,

I did sign up up as well,
Only its not possible for me to make a payment account because I don't live in the US.
And the instruction page where I can add my printer wasn't clear. Like what information you all suspect from me,

Sincerly
Mathijs Lormans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 07:00AM by Mlormans.
November 11, 2014 06:23PM
Hi Mathijs,

Thanks for becomming a Print a Thing supplier! smiling smiley Although our site doesn't yet reflect it, we'll be supporting Paypal as well, for non-US suppliers like you.

I would be happy to help you out with the printer instructions page. Send me a direct email and we can get the conversation started.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,
Andy Doucette
Founder / CEO of Print a Thing, LLC
email: [my first name]@printathing.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login