Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware/Embedded Software Project-RepRap/Marlin

Posted by jreinke10 
Firmware/Embedded Software Project-RepRap/Marlin
August 16, 2021 02:32PM
Hello,

My name is Jack Reinke. I'm the CEO and Co-Founder of the startup Coja Labs. We are working to build a machine that combines 3D Printing and Thermoforming capabilities into a single machine for the orthodontic industry. We currently have the hardware and build capabilities to make the machine but don't have any experience regarding firmware or embedded software. We are looking to hire a freelancer to help us create/modify the firmware for our machine which features 7 stepper motors, 2 heaters, 2 thermistors, and a relay-powered vacuum. The machine utilizes heavily modified Prusa MINI+ as the "base" of the 3D printer portion of the machine so we are working with a lot of the electronics from that machine, but plan to use a Duet 2 Wifi board with the Duex 5 expansion board to fit the steppers. We would love to work off of the existing marlin architecture from the Prusa Mini if possible, but are happy to start from scratch if needed.

We are still about 6 months out from starting this project and are looking for a very rough estimate on time/rates for such a product as we are unsure how long this would take an engineer who is familiar with RepRap to work on. If you're interested in working on this project you can reach me at:

Username: jreinke10
Email: jack@cojalabs.com
Phone: 317-605-9189

Cheers,
Jack Reinke
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login