Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap in Toowoomba

Posted by gregted 
Reprap in Toowoomba
March 13, 2012 08:33AM
Have been interested in Reprap for some time and would like to have a go at building my own.
I live just outside of Toowoomba and would like to hear from anyone in this area who has build their own.
What price can I expect to incur with my own build?
Has anyone done any work on recycling milk bottles?
Re: Reprap in Toowoomba
March 14, 2012 01:25AM
The trouble with recycling milk bottles is that HDPE has a high coefficient of thermal expansion.

Basically, HDPE warps savagely and is almost completely untamable. If you go back a few years in the various reprap blogs you'll see lots of people trying desperately to get HDPE working.

As for printer cost, it really depends what you go for. I helped gold coast techspace assemble their printer, and for basic but good quality parts from reputable dealers I think it ended up around $550. I've seen printers cobbled together for as little as $350 or so, but those take a talented scavenger and kludgineer winking smiley

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
March 15, 2012 10:03PM
Yeah, I am stating to realise the idea of recycling milk bottles may be a bad idea at the moment.

If the cost of abs gets too high, we may have to look more at this technology though at the moment it is still pretty cheap.

I was mainly looking at the technology to reuse all the mistakes I am likely to make at the start of my building on my Mendel.

Still looking for other users of Repraps in Toowoomba, mainly to see one at work before I decide on my model to buy.
April 08, 2012 09:09AM
Hi reprappers,

I have my reprap frame assembled but need some parts and was wondering if anyone near Toowoomba can help.

I need steppers, electronics, t5 pulleys and belts, hot end, and hot bed.

I have access to lots of computer power supplies and threaded rod, nuts and washers and stainless if someone wants to swap for the parts i need.
April 15, 2012 08:18AM
All parts either assembled or in the mail.

Downloaded Jumi to remotely monitor reprap on Iphone.

Downloaded and played with ReplicatorG, Sli3er, Pronterface, Google Sketchup.

Already designed my first print in sketchup, exported as stl and positioned in Pronerface, ready to print.

Love the tech look of Pronterface and it's dual extruder capable. Should be very handy

Got lots of ideas of practical stuff to make from mates.

Looking good to spend lots of time on this machine.

Still like to catch up with other reprappers in the area.

Greg
Attachments:
open | download - 3d printer bare small.jpg (330.9 KB)
May 03, 2012 04:02AM
Hi i'm just over in Warwick, i've got a printrbot running here
if you need anything printed send us a message/email

thejollygrimreaper@gmail.com
June 10, 2012 09:27AM
hey,

I'm down murphys creek, just finished building a prusa. been printing for around 2 weeks now.

How are you progressing with the build?
June 11, 2012 01:35AM
Hay all,

Great to here form other reprappers in the area.

My Prusa I've called Woody is printing great.

I have designed some things on Thingiverse under Gregted and modified others.

The one thing that has saved my sanity is my z stop adjuster.

Love to come down to either Warwick or Murphys Creek for a look at your setup and if you are in the Gowrie Junction/Toowoomba area drop me a line and drop in.
August 17, 2012 01:10AM
if you ever need parts for your printers and don't want to wait the weeks it can take to get stuff out here, send me a pm or email ([email protected]) i'm starting to stock pretty much everything
Mal
October 22, 2012 09:33AM
Hi to all my neighbours. I am in Withcott at the bottom of the hill. Finally registered today after I found out they dont accept hotmail accounts. Still making my mind up between a PRUSAA or and ORB BOT but one of them is not far away.
February 22, 2013 06:34AM
Hey all,

Dragged my reprap out of storage for some more more building, maybe a folding reprap and would like to hear your progress on your builds.

Mal at Withcott, how did your build go.

Thejollygrimreaper, how is your printer coming along?

Greg
March 02, 2013 04:38AM
quite well now, i'm now up to my eyeballs in printers, we've got two up!'s and currently 5 of my prusa derivitives in varying stages of build,

i'm also fairly well stocked on spare parts so if anyone in the area needs anything, whip me an email cjbate@attglobal.net

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

May 25, 2013 07:29AM
Hi Toowoomba reprapers,

Just to let you all know, a couple of us are putting together a display of 3D printing at this years Model train exhibition in Toowoomba.
The exhibition is on the 1-2 June at the Toowoomba showgrounds.
The web site for the exhibition is www.ddmrc.com.au

We will be there as part of the Bailie Boys Shows, www.baillieboysshows.com

We hope to have a Reprap Mendel, Replicator 2 and an UP on display.

Cheers
July 09, 2013 06:29AM
What's the cheapest way to Buy/Build a RepRap in QLD, Australia?
Any Help would be appreciated.

Jo1212
July 12, 2013 10:12PM
Hey All Toowoomba RepRapers!
We now have a dedicated forum for us in Toowoomba:

Toowoomba Forum!

Bye!

P.S I'm just outside Toowoomba.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login