Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uneven extruder movement, Clogged nozzle, uneven XY-plane

Posted by Asbiorn 
Uneven extruder movement, Clogged nozzle, uneven XY-plane
October 16, 2013 06:41PM
Still having a lot of trouble with the printer. I disassembled the extruder, because there were a lot of metal grind/debris from the gear on the extruder motor to the larger cog. Apparently it is not revolving all straight and it causes the motor to stutter, and sometimes to get stuck so either it has been assembled wrong or the cog is not straight, it is probably the former.
After reassemble, it is stll very reluctant to turn especially on the side where the tightening screws are, so i've tried to loose and tighten them, and aligned the cog as best as i could, but no luck.

On top of that my nozzle is blocked or clogged, maybe due to the metal debris, or crystallized PLA.

Here is a video of that problem.
[www.flickr.com]

I've tried twice to get it out by this method but no luck, so maybe I'll have to go with the blowtorch

IRC chat bot=
[23:37] Asbiorn unclog?
[23:37] kthx unclog is to take your wooden shoes off. and is also To clear an extruder (incl dirt): 1) slacken idler 2) push gently on filament while nozzle drops _all the way_ down to _room temperature_. 3) re-heat nozzle to Tg (60c for PLA, 105c for ABS). 4) when it overshoots, pull firmly but slowly. [goo.gl] is a good result. If all else fails, then try a blowtorch as here: [www.youtube.com] .

maybe it really is the Z-axis which im having trouble to get level in all four corners, especially one corner - probably due to an uneven frame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2013 06:42PM by Asbiorn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login