Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spam in forum

Posted by garyhodgson 
Spam in forum
October 24, 2011 03:37AM
Hi there,

It seems there is a profusion of spam in the forums lately. If the admins need help keeping on top of it I will gladly offer my time to help out.

Cheers,
Gary

------------------------------------------
garyhodgson.com/reprap | reprap.development-tracker.info | thingtracker.net
VDX
Re: Spam in forum
October 24, 2011 03:44AM
Hi Gary,

it's mostly this 'smilelindra930'-bot - i'm deleting his posts regularly and pinged Sebastien for more admin rights, so i can delete registered users, but he's not responding ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 24, 2011 05:03AM
Hi Viktor,

Perhaps if Sebastien is too busy to administer the forum then he should divest some of his powers to others, such as yourself. I seem to remember reading talk of consolidating some of the forums which hasn't seemed to materialise, plus my suggestion for improving the email notifications has gone unanswered for a few months now. The reprap forum is a great resource in the 3d printing ecosystem, with lots of really useful information and members, but, in my opinion, it needs to be actively maintained and improved on in order to retain and attract such people.

If I can be of use then keep me in mind.

Cheers,
Gary

------------------------------------------
garyhodgson.com/reprap | reprap.development-tracker.info | thingtracker.net
October 24, 2011 02:18PM
Are we sure Sabastien is still alive? His profile says he has not been online since August 25th.

I have been waiting to get a users group formed to no avail. It has been read 888 times, been posted in 68 times, its 3 pages long, has 8 members, we've had 2 meetings and are planning our third. All of this has been done in the "Request a local forum thread" [forums.reprap.org] because no one other than Sebastian has the power to create a new sub category.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
VDX
October 24, 2011 04:26PM
... i've found out, how to create subcategories and maintenance the forum structure - let me learn the basics, befor i'll kill some essential bit by editing the wrong file ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login