Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HOT MAIL Accounts

Posted by Mal 
Mal
HOT MAIL Accounts
October 22, 2012 07:40PM
Believe it or not a lot of real people use HOTMAIL amongst other providers. If you are not going to accept accounts from these locations how about putting a Note to this effect on your sign up page. Can I now change my email to HOTMAIL address now that I have an account on here.

Cheers Mal
VDX
Re: HOT MAIL Accounts
October 24, 2012 04:54PM
Hi Mal,

accounts from hotmail and gmail are banned in general because of the sheer amount of spam-bots with this providers - otherwise we have to dlete some hundreds spambot-accounts per day instead of some tens like now eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Mal
October 24, 2012 07:00PM
Yes I understand that but how about spelling it our on the registration page so people like me dont spend days waiting for replys to their registration which is not going to come.

Cheers Mal
October 25, 2012 05:06AM
gmail, too? About 90% of my RepRap related private conversation is with gmail accounts.

Undoubtly there are better measures to sort legitimate users from spamming ones. But I don't expect anything. Blocking out some 95% of potential users is typical for RepRap's habits of "community building". Missed opportunity big time.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

VDX
October 25, 2012 04:42PM
... I have to correct me, checked the ban-list and found that gmail and hotmail aren't specified as providers to block - so not automatically banned..

But there are many listed IP's from the beginning time of the forum - maybe this are the blocks for complete site-groups?

I'll try to consult the other admins, which other options to handle the spam-flood we can set ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 26, 2012 05:41AM
Thanks for covering this, VDX.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login