Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WIKI Clean up

Posted by sobil 
WIKI Clean up
April 26, 2024 01:02AM
Hey Admins

I've been trying to tidy up parts of the WIKI, improving readablity and removing duplication.

I would like to take this a bit further by:

- Refreshing the main page reflecting the current state of the reprap movement, improving the call to actions and moving some of the existing content to the history/about page.
- Align the menu options with the {{Portal Header}}.
- consolidate then remove some duplicate model pages.

Wondering if I can get access to this to help out by doing this work or pair with someone with the access to bring it up to date?

-Simon
Re: WIKI Clean up
April 26, 2024 04:39AM
Only a few get to edit the main pages, as to many attempt to change the wiki to their personal advertising platform

Your creation of https://reprap.org/wiki/Discontinued_Models and edits https://reprap.org/wiki/Build_a_RepRap is in my view an example of just that, where by your pushing the printers you like to the front of the queue

Most of these are not even what I would call reprap, they are post reprap 3d printers.

But I have notified the site owner of this request

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2024 04:48AM by Dust.
Re: WIKI Clean up
April 26, 2024 07:46AM
Hi Simon.

Perhaps the page should not be called "Discontinued models". For in what sense are they discontinued if they are established, but merely no longer being developed? Please change that to "Established models" And maybe add a sentence at the top saying, "All the machines have a dated edit history you can see when you visit their pages; this will allow you to tell how old the design is."

And the machines on the "Build a RepRap" page should not necessarily be either the latest or those under active development (for which latter "Experimental" might be a better category). I think the primary criterion for machines to appear on that page (after their being open source, of course) should be ease of self-replication.

As far as editing the restricted pages is concerned that would be welcome, but please construct a sandbox alternative then let the admins know about it for their consideration.

best wishes

Adrian

[reprap.org]
[reprapltd.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login