Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banned words list

Posted by akhlut 
Banned words list
September 24, 2013 04:22PM
Greetings admins!

I can't seem to post because I'm using a 'banned" word, and I'm having a difficult time figuring out what the banned word is.

What words are banned?

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
VDX
Re: Banned words list
September 24, 2013 04:43PM
... there are around 200 'banned' words in the list - most collected for frequent use in spams eye rolling smiley

We're planning to change the dialog box to show the word/phrase, but this can take a while.

Needed some time to realize, that the German word for electronics was banned for embedding "n i k e" (without blanks), what was added to the ban list for stopping shoe spams eye popping smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 24, 2013 04:51PM
OK. Glad to know it's on your radar.

Thanks!
January 16, 2014 03:49AM
Frustrating to no end spending time to give an answer that contains no obvious words that should be banned only to have it say a word is banned yet not giving any inkling as to which word it is.
January 16, 2014 04:43AM
the list has somwhat grown... currently at 500 odd

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

January 16, 2014 02:42PM
Publishing the list of banned words kind of defeats the purpose of having one, since it would be very easy for a spammer to get around the list if they can see it. But then again, I guess showing the banned word in a dialog box would have the same problem.

Here are two workarounds:

A ) We could publish a partial list (much less than 500) of the banned words that includes some "dual use" terms that might show up in a legitimate post.
B ) If you are having trouble posting some text, post it here and ask for help. An admin can then reply (or send a PM) letting you know what the banned word(s) are.

Also: the spam seems to arrive in short bursts of lots and lots of spam. If 500 terms is too much we could remove some of the old terms that resulted from specific spam-battles in the past.
January 17, 2014 01:49PM
I ran into a banned word and it's a really benign adjective used to describe severity and I couldn't believe it was banned. I had to delete one sentence/paragraph at a time and repost to narrow it down to what the word was. I would have NEVER guessed it.
January 17, 2014 02:29PM
It just occurred to me that there is a fatal flaw with my workaround option B ) . If you have a banned word you can't post the text to get help!

What was I thinking eye rolling smiley ?

You can still send the text in a PM to an admin, as far as I know.
August 05, 2015 08:32AM
Having real problems with this. Has there been a recent update, adding more? I can't even use Charlie Oscar Mike for web links.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
August 05, 2015 08:37AM
Should be fixed once the settings are applied, tell me again if it isn't working by tomorrow.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login