Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

World RepRap map and Mendel RP parts

Posted by rhmorrison 
World RepRap map and Mendel RP parts
December 22, 2009 10:37AM
Who is shown on this map? Members of the "contributers" group?

There are so many people requesting the RP parts for building a Mendel I thought it would be interesting to have a separate Google Maps page with just people who need RP parts with the idea being that it is more interesting to provide parts to someone living near you.

Just a thought.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: World RepRap map and Mendel RP parts
December 22, 2009 01:50PM
I have just changed the Reprap map to not "advertise" to hopefully limit the "spam" we have been getting

I know I have to re add myself every few months.

I said that only to try to say I would create a new Map just plan on it getting messed with.

You might be better off creating and communicating with local groups in the forums..
That is what we have been doing here in New England USA.

Bruce Wattendorf
Wouldn't it be better to just put include the Mendel II in the RepRap Parts Lister? RepRap's Part Lister is far more integrative than some pin map could ever be. Why isn't the Mendel II on Parts Lister?
January 10, 2010 11:32PM
Bruce, it's a bit tedious, but I think we may want to add all the FabLabs (and HackerSpaces?) to the map, along with a pin for each RUG.

Ok, it's major tedious.
February 03, 2010 05:42AM
good idea

plus SebastienBailard i PM you, can you reply to me ???
or write me to my email
alhinai21@hotmail.com

Sorry for my writing this reply here I did not find a way to contact the administrator of the project only private messages in the forum, even though I did not get a reply could you please add a link "" Contact Us "" in the site

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2010 05:44AM by alhinai.
February 10, 2010 06:10PM
Hi there,

I am a proud owner of a new Mendel kit that my friends and I have bought to set up in my local shop and experiment with. I've tried three times now to list our Mendel on the World RepRap map and three times it either hasn't saved, or has been removed. I can't tell either way, but do not see a policy on what can/can't be listed. Upon review, I realized that my first listing might have been inappropriate because it listed the store that is hosting our Mendel, so I looked and remade the listing so that it reflected the only the machine itself and what we are studying about it. Again it was removed so I'm looking here for help and advice. Am I merely not saving it correctly on Google Maps or is there an admin I need to submit to?
February 12, 2010 03:05AM
I don't think so, a couple of days ago I was on the map and no I'm not!
What is going on here?

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
February 20, 2010 01:49AM
I have actually been contacted by someone here in my home town because they saw my point on the Reprap map. I have the suspicion that it might be a browser issue, or mysterious other. As noted above in this thread, it seems that updating the may or at least checking on it might be pertinent because of spam protection and such. As least, we know we're involved, right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login