Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Product Bay !!!

Posted by Piratfabriken 
Piratfabriken
The Product Bay !!!
January 06, 2010 07:24PM
Time to strap on your seatbelts because RepRap might get a great boost soon!
Look who's joining the party winking smiley

[www.theproductbay.org]

A fine of $3,620,000 and 4 prison-sentences won't stop the TPB-crew from pushing the RepRap a bit further!

//Piratfabriken - [piratfabriken.wordpress.com]
Re: The Product Bay !!!
January 06, 2010 07:39PM
This is a little bit dangerous association to foster.

RepRap is still very young, and very poorly adopted. Any type of association with left of intellectual property is a step in front of giants.

Thingiverse is taking a very conservative approach, and at this point it's the only way to go.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
January 06, 2010 11:19PM
As long as they check in everything that they legally can into RepRap's various and currently non-interoperable CMSs like the wiki, it's all good. I can't imagine it's very high on their todo list, however.

As it is, they're going to be vacuuming up lots of advertising revenue for hosting and recycling other peoples' content, which is a nice gig when you can pull it off.
January 07, 2010 07:06PM
I'm being completely unfair, actually.

They're willing to go head to head against the best intellectual property droids in the world, in order to fight for what they believe in, that information wants to be free, and that people should be allowed to what they want with information.

I wish them good luck. And may the IP droids burn their servos out playing whack-a-mole on bittorrent and similar information-sharing networks.

This is going to be fun! I don't know if RepRap will be able to start hosting that stuff, (we pay some attention to content licensing requirements, when uploaders bother to make a note of it) so piratebay et. al. will have to pick up the torch.

Droid™ is a registered trademark of Lucasfilms™, btw.

I don't know if it's "piratebay™" or "piratebay", actually. smiling smiley

Intellectual Property™ is a registered trademark of RepRap.org.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2010 07:12PM by SebastienBailard.
January 08, 2010 06:13AM
It is nice to think that the RepRap project has been perceived by people within that community as something any one can do. Indicating that a the vision of a RepRap in every home is becoming a desire/dream of non-RepRap geeks / Joe Public.

Thus the idea/concept of home 3D printing is now expanding with RepRap leading the way which is quite an achievement.

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Piratfabriken
The Product Bay !!!
January 10, 2010 11:20PM
-- moved topic --
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login