Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some forums have lost formatting?

Posted by jgilmore 
Some forums have lost formatting?
February 21, 2010 08:21AM
The electronics forum has (for me at least) lost formatting. All the text is the same size and color, and it's all centered. Very odd, and much more difficult to read.

Any idea how to fix this?

I also have noticed that forums that I haven't been into never show new messages. If I go into them, I see all the new messages, even the ones that aren't really new. If I then hit "refresh" all messages (even the ones that really are new) are marked as read.

This stinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 09:53AM by jgilmore.

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
Re: Some forums have lost formatting?
February 22, 2010 03:10AM
I think it's a firefox bug. Try restarting your browser session.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
February 22, 2010 06:33AM
No Cigar.

--
February 23, 2010 11:07PM
I get that bug with Phrorum and Mediawiki when firefox runs low in memory on my linux system.

1) Try a different browser.
1) For real this time. (People hate running non-favorite browsers) What's your hardware, operating system, browser, etc?
February 23, 2010 11:09PM
Oh, and memory: Total memory, and how much free memory do you have? Plus, is your browser version up to date?
February 24, 2010 09:42PM

Fools! I will destroy you ALL! Ask me how!

Gosh, Now I'm not sure I want to help smiling smiley

I find if I come in thru the main reprap page and then click , it doesn't have me logged in, and I don't see which forums have new messages until I click on them. That would be this link [reprap.org] & click

OTOH, if I go directly to the forums, everything works. That would be this link [dev.forums.reprap.org]

Notice the slight variation in url -- one is dev.forums.reprap & the other is just forums.reprap

Good luck!
February 24, 2010 11:02PM
Well, It may have been the low memory thing. I rebooted for the first time in months - I've been suspending my laptop instead of rebooting, but it glitched and turned off the display yesterday, so I had to reboot.

And now the electronics forum has formatting back. Weird. Even weirder that it was JUST that one forum.

For referance, I am running Debian lenny, firefox 3.0.6 w/ noscript 1.9.9.42, Cookie button in the status bar 0.9, session manager 0.6.7.4, tab mix plus 0.3.8.2. I have 512M of memory, 1.5G of swap. Currently 480M of memory is used, and 48M of swap is used. Load average is 0.05, 131 tasks.

Had I thought of it, I could have tried Konqueror. It and links are the only other browsers I have installed. Huh, I guess I don't have links anymore. Reinstalled last month and haven't added it back. I should though, never know when you need to browse the web to figure out how to get X back up...

--
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login