Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could you call this a red flag?

Posted by Kelly 
Could you call this a red flag?
March 05, 2010 01:45AM
If a person is selling items in the for sale section does it look suspicious if the following were true?

90% of the people who have praised said product did not register with this website until the day that they praised the product.They also have not posted any topics or replies anywhere except for in the sellers for sale topic.

95% of the people who claim the product is suspicious have account registrations dating back weeks, and sometimes months before the seller registered their own account. They also have posted in several other topics on a regular basis.

Could it be that said seller is creating multiple pseudonyms in order to promote their product by placing false kudos for themselves?
Re: Could you call this a red flag?
March 05, 2010 03:22AM
sounds like it to me, if what you say is correct. it's a fairly common tactic. maybe ask our library gnome to sort it out

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
I think this seller is already on the downhill slide to failure. So far I have documented these wierd discrepencies, plus a few more, but I'm hoping the seller fails on their own before they actually rip anyone off.

As far as I can tell there has only been one legit sale and the buyer has posted a photo of the poor quality parts they received, the rest of the sales seem to be fakes on the sellers part to make it seem as if his product is flying off the shelf.
March 05, 2010 10:09AM
I would PM SebastienBailard - [dev.forums.reprap.org]
And it is probably not the best idea to put your email address in a thread unless you want lots of spam smiling smiley

----
[www.binaryconstruct.com]
March 05, 2010 03:39PM
I'll look into it.

-Sebastien

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
K, time for a little egg on my face. I'd like to delete my email from a previous post but I don't know how to.

Someone please give me instructions. LOL
March 05, 2010 05:45PM
At the bottom of each post, there is a tool bar with several buttons. Under your own messages, it should include an 'edit' button. Hover your mouse over the word edit, wait for the pointer to change to a link following finger, then click. You will get just that message on a new screen so that you can change any part of it.

As a courtesy to others, if you make a major change in your post so that following posts no longer make sense, indicate that you made an edit. In this case, replace your email address with:

Edit: email address removed

Mike
P.S. It happens to all of us!
March 05, 2010 07:12PM
Kelly - if you are referring to the seller that I think you are (I gave you a link to all the videos), then I have something to add.

I have purchased a kit and have received the first half. Second half is supposed to ship this week. At this time, I am reserving comment regarding the kit, because I have mixed feelings about it. I went out on a limb and risked the purchase, because in the end, if I am not satisfied with the purchase, I have two levels that I can dispute the charges, paypal and my credit card.
March 05, 2010 08:23PM
Buzzard192

Any imput you have at a later time would be very helpful in determining the validity of the kit that you purchased, which would help the rest of the Reprap.org community make an informed decision as to weather they should also purchase these kits.

Again time for more egg on my face. I posted the above comments before registering an account here, that's why I haven't been able to remove the email address from my post. I have registered my own account under the same name, unfortunately I still can't edit the post because it was posted before I registered.

Could one of the moderators please do this for me? Sorry for the inconvenience.
March 06, 2010 07:19AM
Kelly, Forum-goers,

I've looked into the matter and will take appropriate measures.

I'll move this thread to "forum administration" shortly.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login