Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap wiki<->blog smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by SebastienBailard 
RepRap wiki<->blog smiling bouncing smiley
March 07, 2010 07:57AM
I think this extension may work for blogging for us.
[www.mediawiki.org]

I just discovered it, so I need to evaluate it carefully. This means core team, or anyone else, can write stuff once, have it up on blog.reprap.org, and all the photos are already in the mediawiki. Or vice versa.

This also means we can offer individual blogs to people working on postmendels, etc, and thereby really open up the project to our users - blogging seems to be a critical function for most RepRap users and researchers.

For example, Mister Bunny can develop a postmendel candidate in RepRap wiki, start a blog for it, and eventually, we can showcase it on the main page and core blog (blog.reprap.org if we move it to this). All this without me or another volunteer cutting and pasting (uploading the photos is the really really tedious part).

Also, this helps boost mediawiki uptake of users, and more users means the wiki gets better faster.

Here's the developer's blog/example use of the mediawiki extension.
[juliano.info]

I believe we need to upgrade to a fresher version of mediawiki, but we want to do that for the widgits extension as well.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Re: RepRap wiki<->blog smiling bouncing smiley
March 07, 2010 09:23AM
Looks good. Does it have locking, so only the "owner(s)" of a particular blog may post to it?

I've been wanting something like that. Is there a forum extension too?

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login