Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New subforums

Posted by rhmorrison 
New subforums
March 17, 2010 08:26AM
It would be nice if the new sub forums had a different background color to be able to quicker distinguish them from a normal forum. Also it would be neat if everything belonging to the "United States" both city and state user groups would be moved to that sub forum.

P.S. You have a section entitled "RepRap User Groups" with sub forums such as "Europe" and "United States".
In some cases you use LOCATION User Group and sometimes LOCATION RepRap User Group. I think you can just use LOCATION as the path is currently "Home - RepRap User Groups - Europe - Germany RepRap User Group" where I think using "Home - RepRap User Groups - Europe - Germany" is much easier to do and understand plus it fixes the inconsistencies between "RepRap User Group" and "User Group"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 11:47AM by rhmorrison.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
VDX
Re: New subforums
March 17, 2010 08:58AM
... is there the option to flag the sub-forums for new posts?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 17, 2010 08:30PM
It would be nice if the new sub forums had a different background color to be able to quicker distinguish them from a normal forum.
I'll think about it. It's a few hours work to roll out changes on multiple forums, so I don't do it lightly.

Also it would be neat if everything belonging to the "United States" both city and state user groups would be moved to that sub forum.

I want to. Again, non-trivial amounts of work. The forum tools are insufficiently automated.

In some cases you use LOCATION User Group and sometimes LOCATION RepRap User Group.
Hmmm.... I think users can handle this bit of inconsistency.

There will be.
March 17, 2010 08:47PM
There will be.

Let me restate that. I'll enable what's possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login