Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Announcement: Forum usage guide finished

Posted by Gordie 
Announcement: Forum usage guide finished
August 28, 2014 07:48AM
Hello everybody, I'm here to tell you that I've finished the Forum Usage Guide. [forums.reprap.org]

Please have a read of it and let me know if there's anything to correct.

Also, what do you think if I add a section about the forum's archive use? Or there will be problems about it (memory size usage...).

Regards to all.

---- "Let me make my move" ----
Re: Announcement: Forum usage guide finished
September 01, 2014 09:07AM
nice job Gordie!

Enrico

[www.dapa3dservice.it] [www.studiodapa.it]
repstrap dApA, Ramps 1.4, MarlinKimbra / scanner 3D Cubify Sense / Formlabs Form 2
September 27, 2014 12:31PM
Hi Gordie, Sorry it took me a month to respond to this winking smiley

The Forum Usage Guide looks good to me. In your original message, you said

Gordie
I'm gonna make this topic sticky. Consider this is still a work in progress. When finished I will delete this message and its replies.

I think it would be fine if you deleted the message+replies and made the usage guide into a new "stand alone" sticky post, if you are still planning to do that.
October 09, 2014 08:58AM
Ok thank you, I'll do it right now. thumbs up

October 10, 2014 05:11AM
I just see a (strong) recommendation for extended signatures and external links: [forums.reprap.org]

For me, people without a signature are entirely fine. More than about three lines and it starts to become disturbing. But that's a matter of taste, of course, some people apparently like to see the same piece of text over and over again.

What bugs me quite a bit more is this recommendation for external links. Actually I think we agreed on just one external link per signature a while ago. Asking people to link to their external site, to their external wiki and whatnot tries to encourage people leaving this forum and wiki. If you think that's stupid, compare it to Facebook, which declares following an external link as user error ("Something went wrong").

This is reprap.org. Everybody can discuss, blog and write wiki pages without limitation. And that's what actually should be encouraged: documenting designs, procedures and knowledge in the RepRap wiki, discussing that in the RepRap forum. If there is a feel for a need for signatures, I think this should be reworded to encourage people to put their stuff onto reprap.org. That's why reprap.org exists. Thanks.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 11, 2014 11:26AM
Ok Traumflug I'm going to edit.

October 12, 2014 05:23AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login