Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiki recent changes added to Blog Feed

Posted by spacexula 
Wiki recent changes added to Blog Feed
April 02, 2010 02:50PM
That way it makes it all easier for us to watch the updates.

I have never seen a Wiki which puts new memebers in the recent change log. Why do we record that?

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
Re: Wiki recent changes added to Blog Feed
April 03, 2010 02:26PM
That way it makes it all easier for us to watch the updates.

I have never seen a Wiki which puts new memebers in the recent change log. Why do we record that?

That's vanilla mediawiki.
[reprap.org]

I imagine it is useful for judging the vitality of a project. We seem to be doing ok. smiling smiley

I'm wondering, are all these people humans or mostly bots? Because if they are all human, why are they creating accounts? I mean, I think it's cool. But why ... ?

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 03, 2010 03:01PM
They don't look like bot names.

I know I have a habit of joining any wiki I look at. As long as joining is free, and doesn't require too much information. I really hope adding the wiki to the feed drives more traffic to the kingdom of the Reprap wiki gnomes.

SebastienBailard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm wondering, are all these people humans or
> mostly bots? Because if they are all human, why
> are they creating accounts? I mean, I think it's
> cool. But why ... ?

April 04, 2010 10:10AM
I have notice that the recent changes "echo", sometimes 2-3 times. I will see the same update over the course of 2-3 dayes sometimes 3-4 times. What is causing this?

April 04, 2010 10:02PM
Same update, or someone doing the same sort of stuff multiple times?

I know I will do some changes, and then go back and edit it as I noticed a mistake.

I also will save stuff where I'm editing a lot. eg: I'll complete editing a paragraph or two, which in and of itself I can treat as a single unit. Then I'll open the page again and edit the next unit.

I tend to do this as I've found it very easy to get interrupted and by doing this, the changes gets done, and if I get interrupted, it's not a big deal. It also means that if I only get some stuff down, someone could easily come along and either reference that, or they could continue the work if I cannot.
April 04, 2010 10:35PM
No it's definitely the exact same update multiple times.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login