Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Already Logged! sorry! search engine... wierd

Posted by Mdbaughman2 
Already Logged! sorry! search engine... wierd
April 11, 2010 06:15AM
just some food for thought........

i just tried to search the forum for "ABS" and got nothing..... weird...

some search engines, by default, are configured not to search for 3 letter words....

i think, should this be the case.... could somebody look into changing the setting.... (due to the nature of this forum lots of things are abbreviated.... so like in the case of searching for "ABS" it should of turned up 100's of forum entries!!!

anyway.... thanks! for reading!!!

EDIT: i just noticed that this bug has already been logged!!!! sorry for the repeat..... however has any progress been made? *** please move to the appropriate thread.....thanks mdbaughman2****

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 06:36AM by Mdbaughman2.
Re: Already Logged! sorry! search engine... wierd
April 11, 2010 07:51AM
Ah, the search-for-the-last-thirty-days-by-default bug. eye rolling smiley

You're not the first user it has stung. I'll look into it. Until then, toggle to 'all-threads-search' manually when you search.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 11, 2010 08:04AM
No it definitely wont find ABS over all time, but will find HDPE.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 11, 2010 07:19PM
Sebastien,
the "last 30 days" default is fine,,,, It just wont find any 3 letter words... no matter what options i apply...... like Nophead says... changing the option to "all dates" has no effect....

i hope this helps thanks again.... Keep up the great work!!!
April 13, 2010 07:19AM
BTW: If the engine uses the mysql text search feature, then this may need to be changed in the mysql config.

From the comments at the mysql Fulltext Search page:

Change the ft_min_word_len setting. You can find what the server is using by running:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'ft%';

Then you'll have to rebuild the indexes on the tables that have FULLTEXT indices, because the server I'm using had several databases I needed a quick way to identify which tables these were.

SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_SCHEMA,
TABLE_NAME
FROM COLUMNS
WERE COLUMN_KEY = 'MUL'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login