Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unread topics/posts counts getting lost?

Posted by vreihen 
Unread topics/posts counts getting lost?
April 16, 2015 09:17PM
I asked DeuxVis about this in a PM, and he suggested that I post it here.

About once a week or so, my unread post counts for a random forum section that I regularly read will decide to show all posts as read. When I open that section, every post shows as unread...even ones that I have read. My thought for the possible cause is that I report a lot of spam posts, and perhaps the way that moderators are are deleting these posts after I have read them may be messing up the counters. Thus, my question of asking if anyone else has seen this behavior in the forum software?

I wouldn't completely rule my web browser out, as it has several anti-scripting and ad blocker plugins in use. Given the randomness and frequency, it seems to correlate better with moderators deleting posts than a browser error.....
Re: Unread topics/posts counts getting lost?
April 17, 2015 04:09AM
I get this problem too, about once a week. I haven't reported any spam posts.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 17, 2015 05:25AM
Have you ever noticed (or marked as read) spambot posts in those forums before the post count problem?????
April 17, 2015 05:29AM
I have noticed spambot posts, but I can't remember if it was in the forums that no longer alert me to unread messages or not. I routinely click "Mark forum read" to avoid reading all the posts.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 17, 2015 11:30AM
I just reported/read a sneaker spam in Reprappers and marked it read. Let's see what happens when they delete it.....
April 17, 2015 03:02PM
I saw that spam in the same forum earlier this afternoon and did my usual "Mark forum read". But I've just come back after several hours, and the problem hasn't re-occurred even though the spam post has gone.

April 17, 2015 06:00PM
No problem for me on that one, either. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only person seeing this behavior, whether or not it is related to the spam posts being deleted.....
April 20, 2015 07:48AM
It's just happened to me again, on the General section - and a couple of hours ago I reported a spam post on that section.

April 21, 2015 07:56PM
I lost unread counts in Reprappers between this morning and now. No spam read or reported by me. Does anyone know if posts were deleted from that section of the forum today?????
April 21, 2015 08:08PM
Any issue with cookies?

---- "Let me make my move" ----
April 22, 2015 02:49AM
I had the problem with the Reprappers forum yesterday too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login