Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to categorize a page in the Wiki?

Posted by Paul Wanamaker 
How to categorize a page in the Wiki?
December 26, 2015 02:13PM
Hello admins!
I've been thinking - man I keep answering this question about shifted layers, so maybe I should just make a page in the Troubleshooting section and then just refer people there?

So I did: [reprap.org].
- I'd like this to show up on the Troubleshooting page, but I do not know how to do this.
[EDIT]: I found in the source of the Messy Example that I could add a tag like: [[:Category:Troubleshooting]] although there isn't enough information to know how this actually works (it can have a |title in it).

- I'd like to improve the troubleshooting page, but can't.
EDIT: I found that the Page I added did appear in the Category:Troubleshooting page.
Reference - Troubleshooting is an odd page, it doesn't appear to be it's own page, it's a summary of other pages that have the Troubleshooting category, and it also has a link to another page titled Troubleshooting. Troubleshooting - Troubleshooting - that's confusing and I don't like it. I was able to add links to the Shifted Layers page on the sub page tho...

I found the Reference page severely lacking, so I added Calibration and Triffid Hunter's guide. These also belonged in Tutorials, so I added them there also.

- I would also like to be able to create some external links in the Shifted_layers page ...
(Edit: I did some more editing and the links are now allowed, so never mind about that.)

Edit: so I was able to find out everything except how to upload photos to insert into the page. The "Messy Example" page does not have this info.

Can someone help?

Thanks!
Paul

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2015 05:47PM by Paul Wanamaker.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Re: How to categorize a page in the Wiki?
December 29, 2015 02:40PM
I did find the "Upload File" option... right there on the bottom left... duh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login