Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Get an UP! printer at a reduced COST!

Posted by MrTa921 
Get an UP! printer at a reduced COST!
November 09, 2010 02:20AM
Hi all,

If you are interested in adding to your 3D printing equipment by adding an UP! printer, but would like to save ~50%, inquire here! They are doing a promotion and I can enable 5 people to get an UP! at a reduced price. Just trying to spread the 3D printing love. Post any questions you may have here as well, I'll check in periodically.
Re: Get an UP! printer at a reduced COST!
November 09, 2010 06:51AM
Hmmmm ... are you affiliated with them?

Also, how open source are they? I have not noticed them documenting their hardware or software here at reprap.
The reprap forum and documentation system are not exactly supposed to be a billboard for closed-source 3D printers which aren't documented here at reprap.

Frankly, I'm tempted to move this thread to the marketplace forum, or flag it as spam and lock it. To not do so would be unfair to the vendors who do document with us.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
November 09, 2010 06:54AM
@Sebastien: With a name like MrTa921 and his first post I would guess he is in sales by UP!.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
November 09, 2010 07:13AM
From a bit of googling, I think enthusiast, rather than paid marketer, although I suspect there's some degree of "persuade 5 people to buy a machine, and you get cash back on your purchase."

However, I don't see any CAD files in our wiki. And UP! is not GPL, to the extent of my knowledge.

So, I'd rather free up this channel for folk to talk about fun stuff that our fellow devs do up and share / sell / distribute / rent / loan / etc.

No hard feelings, MrTa921, but reprap is a quasi-non-profit space, and advertising unaffiliated companies isn't appropriate.

Please let me know if you have any difficulty creating wiki pages for the UP! printer (with sexy CAD files) in our wiki.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.