Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I ignore a forum?

Posted by jgilmore 
How do I ignore a forum?
November 16, 2010 04:30PM
In the main forums list there are several which I never visit - reprap host, lasercutter, etc. Just things I personally have no interest in.

Now, if I've never clicked on a forum it doesn't show the unread messages in red next to the forum's message and thread counts. That's nice, because I like to look through things and the red is eye-catching, and if I've never clicked on it, it doesn't show up in red, and I don't have to care.

But today I accidentally clicked on the reprap host forum, and while I could simply "mark forum read" to get rid of the extra red for now, future messages would show up and have to be manually ignored.

Is there a way to "auto-ignore" forums? Obviously the code supports it, since that's the default behavior. But is there a way to undo my accidental click?

And the defaults for new users should probably be to NOT ignore forums, but that's another issue.

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
Re: How do I ignore a forum?
November 16, 2010 05:40PM
There is a way to ignore forums, but it requires the Phorum Ignore Forum module to be installed, which we've asked for in the past but hasn't yet appeared.

Or: the module has been installed, but the CSS/Templates haven't been edited as suggested in the module install guide, to enable the option. Without the template editing, the module isn't accessible.

On another point: We have two templates, and we really need to standardise on one (the majority one is the Green/Emerald template afaik). This way, there's only one template to change when a new module requires a template change. There are still some forums that use the old white template, plus the main forums.reprap.org page uses it as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 05:43PM by Cefiar.
November 17, 2010 02:20AM
Yes to both points.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
November 17, 2010 02:32AM
FWIW: I've mentioned the 4 forums that still use the old white template to SebastienB, so hopefully they'll get fixed in due course.
November 17, 2010 11:01AM
That's REALLY irritating!

One wrong click and I'm doomed forever. Stupid lazy forum administrator anyway. (nah, he's probably just distracted with too many other things to keep track of, reply to, and police, not to mention actual reprap stuff. I can totally understand low-priority items falling of the bottom of the list. Low priority to him doesn't mean low priority to me, of course. Uhm, speaking of which I've got a project I'm supposed to be working on for my wife...)

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
November 17, 2010 04:33PM
Ok, the Theme stuff has been done (they're all the same theme now) except the front page.

This means that if they now add the ignore theme module, they only have to modify the one theme. I'm hoping this will actually happen. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login