Over-aggressive anti-spam
June 22, 2016 05:51PM
I've tried posting many variants of this message in a reply to a request for help, but keep getting rejected because it looks too much like a robot.

First of all, what user interface are you using? The LCD on the printer? Repetier Host on a PC? Octoprint? Something else? A screenshot or photo would be good.

When you said it shows the heated bed is plugged in how does it show this? Is it showing a temperature for the heated bed?

When the heaters aren't running, the temperatures of both the bed and extruder should show room temperature (about 15-30 C). If either is showing 0, it means the thermistor isn't connected to the board. Check the skinny wires. Until you have the thermistor right, the corresponding heater won't work. To prevent uncontrolled heating (and therefore potentially a fire), the firmware won't turn on a heater if the temperature reading is too high (over 250 C) or too low (0 C).
Re: Over-aggressive anti-spam
June 23, 2016 03:44AM
Well since you were able to post that message I suppose you tweaked it so it pass the robot test.

Do you have any idea what words you changed, so we can amend the banned words list ?
You can usually still post them by separating their letters, for instance N_I_K_E wouldn't pass without the underscores

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
June 23, 2016 08:43PM
Sorry, I have no idea. I tweaked it lots of different ways, inserting spaces, replacing quotes with colours, etc. Then I came here and posted an exact copy of one that failed in the quote. I was surprised that that worked. I went back to try again posting in the forum. Another surprise when I got there... it was already posted.

VDX
June 24, 2016 03:48AM
... sometimes the software 'hides' a post and mark it for the mods/admins as possible spam -- if one of them finds, it's a spam, then they delete it ... otherwise it will be approved, so changed to 'visible'.

Could be, this is, what you had ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login