Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

not reprap forum

Posted by Dust 
not reprap forum
March 04, 2017 02:35AM
With the recent definition of what is and isn’t acceptable in the wiki, I wonder if we should extend this to the forums (beyond the standard behaviour rules) .

I see many Unofficial model X discussions, where they clearly are not open source printers using the forums.

Perhaps create a not reprap forum and move such things there? maybe with similar warning, will be removed etc...

Any thoughts on this?
VDX
Re: not reprap forum
March 04, 2017 01:17PM
... it's difficult to separate the discussions - the "3D-printing-world" is not centered around RepRap or OpenSource, but more around "the cheapest", "best modified" or "most funky" printer.

With separation from the "mainstream" we will evantually doom the RepRap idea confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 27, 2017 03:36AM
We are openly discussing slicer issues with commercial software like Simplify3D, so I'd like to see more folders for CAD-CAM software like Fusion360 ( free of charge for hobbyists ) even when they are closed source.
Like VDX said, ignoring the "real world" isolates the RepRap idea until we see only hardcore users here.
June 27, 2017 10:07AM
As long as we make it clear that we are not the official source of support for those - providing a link to the right place if available - I have no problem with discussions of commercial products related to reprap and fabrication.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login