Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Image wierdness on forum - from general

Posted by leadinglights 
Image wierdness on forum - from general
February 01, 2018 05:52AM
Gordie
Hello, please this kind of issues must be addressed into the Administration section.
Thanks.

My apologies.

The problem still persists but the image cited as giving problems is now O.K. but others do change with logged in or logged out status. It is no biggie as the images can be viewed when clicked but would be better if always visible alongside the text.

BTW, Forum is much faster now - for which my thanks to the maintainers.

Mike
VDX
Re: Image wierdness on forum - from general
February 01, 2018 06:45AM
... answered in the original thread too:

... you atached the images in PNG format - here it could be problematic with transparent background or alpha-channel. Best would be to \"flatten\" the image to only 3 color channels, without transparency -- or convert it to JPG ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 01, 2018 01:10PM
VDX
... answered in the original thread too:

... you atached the images in PNG format - here it could be problematic with transparent background or alpha-channel. Best would be to \"flatten\" the image to only 3 color channels, without transparency -- or convert it to JPG ...

This is not the cause of the problem as the the image types are variously .jpg and .png, B & W or colour without transparancy, line drawings or photos. It does seem to be much less noticable on images hosted on the forum server but eratic if hosted elsewhere - e.g., imigur, sparkfun etc.. My suspicion is somewhere along the route from my computers to the forum server as I get the same on two very different computers - one PC with Windows 10 and the other is a Chrimebook.

Mike
February 02, 2018 01:37PM
It has been about a full day since I saw the problem with the graphics.
I guess that it was a thing that would be either fascinating or incomprehensible but I guess I will never know.

So problem solved then.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login