Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Picture reformat request

Posted by robsbots 
Picture reformat request
June 30, 2011 12:16PM
On page [reprap.org] there is a request for some pdf's to be converted to png format.

I have done this for the pdfs in the zip file Mendel Drawings.zip.

I have made them 600x600. If you would like a different size let me know. It only takes a couple of minutes to sort out so its no problem.

I havn't uploaded them because Im not sure if thats what you want.
If you would like the files as 600x600 png's you can download them here (Link removed. If you want them PM me)
If not send me a PM and I'll make them any size/format you would like.
I could also make some thumbnails as well if you would like.

I would make the pages up as well but I'm new to MediaWiki and there is probably someone out there that can do a much better job than me.

If not I would be interested in any pics you have of the Mendel parts. Cad files (Not stl. I have those) png, jpeg etc. 3d perspective/photos. Anything really, and I will try to bring them all together in a page.

Rob
robsbots

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 07:48AM by robsbots.
Re: Picture reformat request
July 01, 2011 02:59AM

I have made them 600x600.

Perhaps it's a better idea to size them by a fixed amount of dpi, like 300 dpi, for nice printing. As the PDFs are non-quadratic, the resulting PNGs whould be non-quadratic as well. The ability to print them at a scale of exactly 1:1 is helpful for some crafting methods.

I could also make some thumbnails as well if you would like.

MediaWiki does resizing automatically. That is, keeping the original size for downloading, and creating a few convenient sizes for displaying on the fly.

There's an example of how to create a gallery on this page. Extend the gallery before oploading the files, give all files an unique name while doing so, then save tha page and click on the red links. Clicking the red links asks you to upload the actual file.

Hope that helps smiling smiley

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 01, 2011 07:41AM
Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have made them 600x600.
>
> Perhaps it's a better idea to size them by a fixed
> amount of dpi, like 300 dpi, for nice printing. As
> the PDFs are non-quadratic, the resulting PNGs
> whould be non-quadratic as well. The ability to
> print them at a scale of exactly 1:1 is helpful
> for some crafting methods.
>
> There's an example of how to create a gallery on
> this page. Extend the gallery before oploading the
> files, give all files an unique name while doing
> so, then save tha page and click on the red links.
> Clicking the red links asks you to upload the
> actual file.
>
> Hope that helps smiling smiley

You mean something like this : Demo Gallery

I assume you meant to have a link for a demo of how to use gallerys on media wiki but I found some info...
I have taken the origional pdf's and just converted them to png with no resizing. I was a bit worried about uploading lots of large files and didn't want to fill the server with junk.

If this is ok. Tell me where to stick it eye rolling smiley and I'll create a proper page. If not let me know and I'll have another go.

btw What does non-quatratic mean ? Im not really in to graphics or cad design and not really sure what it means.

Thanks

Regards

Rob
robsbots
July 02, 2011 03:43AM

You mean something like this : Demo Gallery

I mean the gallery which is right on the page you linked to: [reprap.org] You see the RepRap logo? It's a single-picture gallery right now, but it's simple to expand.

btw What does non-quatratic mean ?

Ah, sorry, a germanism that slipped in. I mean, at 600x600px width and height are equal. Inside the PDFs, width is bigger than height. Width and height should differ at the same ratio in the PNGs.

July 02, 2011 08:11AM
Job done. Check out the page.

Regarding the picture size. I have set up imagemagick so it will take an image, say 1200x900 and convert it to 600x450. 600 on the largest side but keeping aspect ratio. A 900x1200 would come out at 540x600 with the same command.

Imagemagick is such a great program, and at a great price smiling smiley.

It would be nice to have a photograph of each part and an isometric cad picture of each as well. ie:
Gallery
Diagram | Iso | Photo
Diagram | Iso | Photo
/Gallery

If these types of pictures are avaiable I'll stick them up.

btw How do you do the nice Quote thing. Looks so much nicer than
>He said this
>>and she said that
>>...
that I get.

Thanks

Rob
robsbots
July 02, 2011 10:08AM
eye rolling smiley LOOK AT THE BUTTONS in the Message Block - The " button (Tooltip QUOTE).
Also you could read the BBCODE Help (? on the far right hand side of the Message block).

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
July 02, 2011 10:27AM
rhmorrison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Bob Morrison wrote
eye rolling smiley LOOK AT THE BUTTONS in the Message Block - The " button (Tooltip QUOTE).
Also you could read the BBCODE Help (? on the far right hand side of the Message block).

Doh !
Thanks. Got it. I was using the "quote" at the bottom of the message. "Reply" "Quote" "Report"

I will now proceed to RTFM. winking smiley

Thanks for the pointers.

Regards

Rob
robsbots
July 03, 2011 03:07AM

Job done.

Not only done, but well done. Thanks, Robsbots.

July 03, 2011 04:18AM
Thanks.

Whats next ?
Does anybody have prints or like this for Prusa or huxley parts? My buddy has been a Catia CAD guy for 10 years and if he has step files, he can make the prints in no time. I've got friends that are in tool & die, mould making, machining, etc. and they took a look at those plans and said they could this stuff no problem. Probably for free too since there's always lots of scrap lying around that just gets tossed anyways.
oops that should say 'they could make this stuff'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login