Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possibility of embedding Wikimedia Videos

Posted by reprapperMC 
Possibility of embedding Wikimedia Videos
September 09, 2011 08:51PM
Hello Sebastian or any other admin,

I'm trying to find a way to embed opensource video type files into the wiki page for our Budaschnozzle wiki page. Most pages I've seen are embedded with flash which is not opensource.

In the IRC someone pointed me to Wikimedia Commons which accepts open-source Ogg Theora video files, and embeds video with the Ogg player. I'm not sure how to find if this is already enabled in the Reprap wiki, but according to this Mediawiki page, Wikimedia Commons can be made as shared repository for the RepRap wiki.

Is it possible we can enable this function? This would allow reprappers to stop using non-open source video embedding through YouTube and Vimeo.
Re: Possibility of embedding Wikimedia Videos
September 14, 2011 09:56PM
Did I post this in the wrong area or are all of the Admins MIA?
September 15, 2011 05:43AM
"All of the"? I'm only aware of one and accordingly, I think he's swamped with requests. Haven't seen him writing in this forum for several weeks now.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

September 19, 2011 12:24AM
So Sebastian is the only Admin for the whole RepRap site? That seems crazy. I would have guessed at least 2-3 people were keeping this place together.

What is stopping from having a 2nd or 3rd admin added?
VDX
September 19, 2011 10:13AM
... there are some more 'sub-Admins' like me for keeping the forum going - but i don't have the powers to add new formats or reorganize the forum structure eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 19, 2011 11:52PM
Well it makes more sense that there are more sub-Admins. However, if Sebastian is that swamped to have to step away, it would probably be a good idea to add another top level admin. And, then again, maybe he is on holiday...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login