Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request for CNC services

Posted by ggherbaz 
Request for CNC services
November 07, 2014 07:53PM
Good evening,

I'm currently developing a new hot end and need some decent quoting to machine three parts: one in brass one in steel and one in aluminum.

All the info in the following post:
[forums.reprap.org]

I'll be glad to give all info required and help with files.

Thanks,

Gerardo Gherbaz

If this post needs to go somewhere else please let me know.
Re: Request for CNC services
November 08, 2014 01:00PM
Hi Gerardo,

You are one of the first people to try this system out. We are all still working out the details of how it works. Can you provide more precise information about this? It sounds like you want to request funds with a bounty, and then you will use the funds to obtain the machined parts. Is this correct? If this is the case, I recommend taking the following steps. I would be happy to help you out with any of these things:
  1. Create a page for QuartzE on the RepRap Wiki or Github. It would be great to have this even you do not eventually end up using bounties. I am happy to help you make and edit a wiki page.
  2. Upload the solid models and/or drawings for the parts to the wiki or github.
  3. Sign up for bountysource, and open a bounty on your project. If you have your files at github, you can use bountysource directly from github. If you want to use only the RepRap wiki, you can associate a bountysource bounty to it using the RepRap project tracker created by bobc - just open a new issue here: [github.com]. There is also an example here.

IMPORTANT: Bounties work by awarding the money after the work has been completed. This may or may not work for you. If you need the money before doing the work, you could try defining the bounty so that you get awarded without actually making the parts. In this case you would describe the bounty as something like:

Request for funds to design QuartzE parts
I am requesting (this much) money to design and upload solid models and drawings with complete information for machining prototype quartz tube hot end components. When the bounty is awarded, I plan to use the money to get the components machined.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 01:01PM by MattMoses.
November 08, 2014 02:05PM
I'm not requesting money, i'm requesting the quotation from anyone in the community with access to cnc machinery or own the machinery to make these parts, I will pay for them myself.

So, in other words if anyone here can make the parts that I'm requesting and want to give me a decent quote for that, I will be glad to pay you for your services.
November 08, 2014 02:11PM
MattMoses,

Once I finish the hot end and results comes out positive, I will be contacting you in order to create the wiki page for it.

I do not have any intention on commercializing this thing, so whoever wants to build it and sell it after i'm done testing, they are more than welcome to do it.

Thanks for your help and support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 02:14PM by ggherbaz.
November 09, 2014 10:10PM
ggherbaz
So, in other words if anyone here can make the parts that I'm requesting and want to give me a decent quote for that, I will be glad to pay you for your services.

OK, so what you are proposing is not really a bounty. You might try announcing your request in these subforums: Wanted and Job Shop: I need stuff made!

You would probably get the most response if you just post an announcement in your thread in the General section. (I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.)

ggherbaz
Once I finish the hot end and results comes out positive, I will be contacting you in order to create the wiki page for it.

Happy to help. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login