Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multistruder Quad Extruder

Posted by stabbs 
Multistruder Quad Extruder
June 19, 2014 11:28PM
Hey everybody- For the past 2 years I've been developing quad- extruder called Multistruder.

Its compact and weighs 2 lbs.

It only requires one stepper motor and one hot end, so it will work with most electronics. And it works really well with Slic3r and Marlin.

The prints in the image above are 4 color PLA. They are printed at .15mm layer height, 175C, 50mm/sec perimeter 55mm/sec infill. Retraction speed is 65mm/s and I use a .4mm lift. The current prototype is working really well, but I have new hot end design that should really improve the prints.

I started developing Multistruder as a personal challenge. I always wanted multiple extruders but quickly realized combining conventional setups to achieve this is impractical. I've spent thousands of hours designing and testing Multistruder and am really excited to share it with the community that inspired me to get into 3d printing in the first place. If your interested in Multistruder please check out my kickstarter. I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns and to hear your feedback.

Thanks!
-Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2014 09:17AM by stabbs.
Re: Multistruder Quad Extruder
June 20, 2014 06:02PM
What specific Slic3r settings are you using for:

- tool change
- nozzle wiping
- nozzle priming

Thanks, Andy
June 21, 2014 05:51AM
You forgot to put a link to your kickstarter campaign.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
June 21, 2014 09:31AM
ajayre
"What specific Slic3r settings are you using for:

- tool change
- nozzle wiping
- nozzle priming

Thanks, Andy"]

I use T0, T1, T2, and T3 for tool change. During a print I have a 4mm retract with a .4mm hop. When I change tools I use an 18mm retract- so while the filament are idling they are retracted 18mm. Retract speed is 65mm/sec. I get a very small amount of ooze from the inactive nozzles. I can usually scratch the drips off the outside of the print with a fingernail. As far as wipe goes I tried Slic3r's wipe feature but i didn't get any noticeable improvements. I also tried moving the extruder to the corner of the print bed to prime but this made things worse.

DeuxVis
You forgot to put a link to your kickstarter campaign.

I've fixed the post above and my signiture- thanks for the heads-up

Multistruder
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login