Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PrintToPeer for Raspberry Pi is going Open Source!

Posted by tombielecki 
PrintToPeer for Raspberry Pi is going Open Source!
May 20, 2014 03:16PM
This is the Indiegogo Campaign thread for the PrintToPeer wireless networking project.
Check it out on Indiegogo - PrintToPeer: Your 3D Printer on the Web

-------------------------------------------------

We used Octoprint for a long time, and realized that it didn't suit our needs. We wanted to queue prints across multiple types of 3D printers, remotely, with zero lag.

So for the last year we have been building an alternative, from the ground up, built on websockets, ruby on rails, and an incredibly modular and scalable backend. Slicing is done on the cloud with Slic3r, Cura, and the Makerbot slicer. The GCode is downloaded to the pi in full in case of network interruptions, and has robust reconnect logic.

This is the badass realtime automated system that we wanted for ourselves, and we hope you want this too.

Today we announced our stretch goals to let you print directly from Sketchup and Thingiverse, and we are going completely open source and free. You can have a free demo if you email me at tom@printtopeer.com

We need your support! Please back our campaign [www.indiegogo.com]

Happy to answer any questions you might have
Re: PrintToPeer for Raspberry Pi is going Open Source!
October 28, 2014 03:02PM
Hello again,

We have just opened up registrations to the public for FREE. No subscriptions, no catch.

Install on your Raspberry Pi for wireless control: [www.printtopeer.com]

-Tom
Re: PrintToPeer for Raspberry Pi is going Open Source!
November 21, 2014 08:44AM
I cannot find a link to your sources. Please don't claim you are open source if you are not (or not yet).

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login