Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A an OS for your 3D printer with Raspberry Pi, but no arduino. I'm kind of pumped these guys came up with this.

Posted by photonally 
Hi Guys!
My name is Ally Hubbell and I'm helping a local team of Makers with a startup called Photon Elephant. We just launched our Kickstarter campaign to release our Raspberry Pi based 3d printer electronics kit.
This may seem similar to octoprint, but our approach is drastically different. We are running the printer effectively without any arduino between the pi and the motors/sensors.
This lets us do a bunch of cool stuff that you have come to expect (onboard slicing, Wifi, Web Hosting etc), but unlike octoprint, we can also have things like Pause/Resume functionality.
My personal favorite part of the platform is the SDK (HUGE time saver here.) We want to empower the hacker community to make changes to the underling print process without having to dig through source code to find the exact things you need to modify.
Instead we have created an SDK which makes it easy to incorporate feedback and add new functionality like extra motors or other electrical utilities.
We're really excited and have already been selected as a kickstarter staff pick. Check us out here:
[www.kickstarter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login