Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Going to start Kickstarter campaign! Need your opinion!

Posted by Ryan_UonMap 
Going to start Kickstarter campaign! Need your opinion!
October 07, 2015 04:44AM
Hello, I am about to start my first Kickstarter campaign. Guys, I want to see if anyone had some advice on my device.

My device is an OBD-II scanner based on Android OS with a preloaded software. There are a lot of features such as: GPS and Wi-Fi tracking, it sends notifications about car accident and after you can see a 3D model of a moving car during the accident, monitoring of a car condition, you can see data about engine level and temperature, current speed, fuel consumption, it will read error codes, also it will be a Wi-Fi hotspot in a car. You will be able to monitor with our special app on the phone or in your account. You can control your car everywhere in the world. And this is not the end. We have more features, sensors. If you have questions - ask) What features would you like to use in such device. What will be useful?

Any help is appreciated!
Re: Going to start Kickstarter campaign! Need your opinion!
October 07, 2015 03:07PM
Post the Kickstarter link here, for one thing.

Did you hire any promotion or PR service for your campaign?
October 08, 2015 04:57AM
Kartik Gada
Post the Kickstarter link here, for one thing.

Did you hire any promotion or PR service for your campaign?

We're just about to launch it. So I don't have any link.
Of course we have PR team. I want to know your opnion and may be any thoughts abut our device.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2015 04:58AM by Ryan_UonMap.
October 08, 2015 05:10AM
It is very neccessary to set a realistic target for your project, very few projects with funding targets over $100k have ever been successful. It’s important to think long and hard about how much you need to raise to fund your project and to pay for all the incentives that you plan to offer your backers.
October 08, 2015 10:44AM
emmawatson009
It is very neccessary to set a realistic target for your project, very few projects with funding targets over $100k have ever been successful. It’s important to think long and hard about how much you need to raise to fund your project and to pay for all the incentives that you plan to offer your backers.

Of course we've set target. First, it's just people who want make their car safier and smarter. They can use this device like great addition to their car's alarm. If something happens with the car, you will immediately receive a notification on your phone.
Also it's for parents who want to control their teen drivers. For example if a driver speeds, parents will receive a notification.
It's for employers to monitor cars, employees.
October 30, 2015 07:41AM
I'm sorry I haven't contacted you the last few weeks but I've been very busy with my project.
It's a pity not to see your interest. But we are going to launch our project on Kickstarter and I believe you will like it!
I will keep you updated!
March 02, 2016 04:16AM
Keep in mind that the crowdfunding projects published here MUST be related to reprap.

It's ok to discuss about crowdfunding, but you cannot advertise your campaign as it is clearly out of topic.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
March 17, 2016 07:57PM
Have you completed a working prototype or are you counting on the Kickstarter campaign to get to that?
This is something that many "visionary" campaigns tend to be very vague about, so you probably rather come ready.
If you did - how much time (and money) did you already spend on prototype?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login