Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Phase 1: An Affordable High-Quality DIY RepRap 3D Printer

Posted by Willp3d 
Phase 1: An Affordable High-Quality DIY RepRap 3D Printer
October 31, 2017 10:40PM

Phase 1 - RepRap 3D printer on Kickstarter

Phase 1 was created to be the middle ground for performance and price.

Features:
  • Genuine e3d hotend
  • 200x200x200mm build volume
  • Automatic Bed leveling
  • LCD screen with SD card reader
  • Aluminum heated bed
  • Mains wiring cover with power switch (pre-assembled)
Only $375

I launched the kickstarter on October 4th eager to show off my project to the world. I knew I had to fix some issues with the printer, but I took pictures of its first prints and put it online. I was quickly met with feedback and criticism, and it was warranted. The printer looked cheap and printed poorly, I had rushed it onto kickstarter without even thinking. After hearing the feedback, I tried my hardest to make a better version of the printer that would actually be high quality. I want to deliver a product that truly lives up to my goal of what I would have wanted in a 3D printer kit. With this new design I believe that the major problems of Z-wobble stability, and cooling were addressed and I know I will still receive great feedback to improve upon again. We only have about 3 days left, and the chances of success are slim. We only need 8 printers sold to reach our goal and need your support. Help Phase 1 become a reality!
Back us now on Kickstarter!
60hrs left!

Kickstarter Page
* If you are wondering why there are no new print pictures, very unfortunate, water was spilled on the power supply and somehow fried the Ramps, no new board could come before the campaign ends

Thank you for your consideration,
Will Pfennigwerth

I am the creator of this project
Spark 3D website

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2017 10:42PM by Willp3d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login