Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PEI coated flex-plate system Kickstarter

Posted by klcjr89 
PEI coated flex-plate system Kickstarter
February 25, 2019 09:20PM
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I wanted to post a link to my Kickstarter that I just launched for my PEI coated flex-plate system for all 3D printers.

I have been working on this for over a year now and I am glad to finally launch it.

Here is the link: [www.kickstarter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 09:22PM by klcjr89.
Re: PEI coated flex-plate system Kickstarter
February 26, 2019 03:27AM
While i think the general idea is one of the best (i created such a system for my own use), the price is on the high side.
Also you might like to offer additional uncoated but polished plates for filaments that don't work well with PEI.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
February 26, 2019 09:47AM
Indeed PEI sticks too well with PETG.

What I do is what the PEI guys say you shouldn't do, clean with rubbing alcohol as it contains minute amount of oil.
Does the trick, better tan to make you bed uneven, unlevel etc... smiling smiley

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
February 26, 2019 11:05AM
Srek
While i think the general idea is one of the best (i created such a system for my own use), the price is on the high side.
Also you might like to offer additional uncoated but polished plates for filaments that don't work well with PEI.

The price isn't high at all, especially when our shipping price (international included) is built into the price. Our flexible magnet is the most expensive part of the system and is one of the highest temperature rated as well, so the price reflects that as a quality component and not a cheap fridge magnet that comes with other flex systems. Regarding your comment about uncoated plates for filaments that don't work well with PEI, that is actually stated in the Kickstarter:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2019 12:24PM by klcjr89.
February 27, 2019 03:06AM
Is the PEI directly applied to the steel sheet or is it a PEI sheet plus 3M adhesive (and therefore can be replaced) ?

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
February 27, 2019 03:42AM
I only saw the Single Sided remark later, but even then i would prefer an uncoated or second plate for easier exchange. Having to clean of tape, glue, etc. before i can use the PEI side again would be a hindrance.
What kind of magnet are you using? For me cheap magnetic foil with a temperature resistant adhesive does the trick nicely, especially with the magnetic steel sheets. Even with 105°C bed temperatures i do not have any loss in magnetism after many months of use.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
February 27, 2019 10:38AM
MKSA
Is the PEI directly applied to the steel sheet or is it a PEI sheet plus 3M adhesive (and therefore can be replaced) ?

It's PEI coated as the Kickstarter states. It wouldn't be a new product if we were just sticking solid sheets of PEI to the steel with 3M adhesive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2019 10:41AM by klcjr89.
March 01, 2019 02:14PM
We are now offering double sided coated options to satisfy as many people as possible. smiling smiley
March 05, 2019 12:24PM
Update: we are now offering sizes up to 350mm and have lowered the costs of rewards! We have streamlined the reward tiers to make it less cluttered. You can also buy just a flex-plate now, whereas before we required the purchase of two at a time. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login