Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing from SD card

Posted by Squags 
Printing from SD card
January 09, 2014 01:08PM
Just a quick question:
I'm printing from SD card (started through Pronterface)... Am I OK to unplug my computer? - I expect pronterface will get confused, but should the printer still be OK? (I've just a new duet card, so it should be ok getting power from the mains.
Obviously not that important, but I'd like to watch some TV on the laptop and the noise of the printer is rather spoiling it!

Thanks,
Squags
Re: Printing from SD card
January 09, 2014 02:51PM
I don't know but what does work: start print form web-interface, and dissconnect later. I have done it multiple times.
January 09, 2014 05:15PM
Hi

No problem for me, i launch printing from SD gcode file with pronterface. After the job is launch i click on disconnet and remove the USB wire from my laptop. The printer don't hang. I have a lot of problem with the ormerod web server so it's the only way for me to print without laptop always connect to DUET card.

I think i try to test to manage ormerod with a WIFI raspberry Pi and Octoprint (http://octoprint.org/) web server so i can check the print remotely.

Loïc
January 09, 2014 06:39PM
I find that if I start the print via Ethernet but I have USB connected when I start to print, then I unplug the USB (or the computer goes into sleep mode), the print pauses until I reconnect the USB (or wake up the computer). So I have to either start with the USB unplugged, or leave the USB connected. Maybe it would be OK if I turned off the debug output, I haven't tried.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 06:40PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 09, 2014 06:48PM
Dc42, on disconnection of USB it stops, then you reconnect so it can continue. You will find that if you then disconnect USB a second time it will not stop and you can then walk away from the printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login