Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printer not online

Posted by KimBrown 
printer not online
January 25, 2014 02:32PM
For some reason the printer is playing up.
(see attached picture)
Any suggestions please...
I'm going to re-install the Firmware to see if that sorts it for now..
It says it's not online, and yet reporting the temp.
I went through the normal pre-print setup, homing all the axis, then went to print from SD card. The head moved to
the Homed X position and then just sat there, and the temps on the screen froze.
I'm using the compiled version of Pronterprint, as the python version is sluggish...
Kim
Attachments:
open | download - not online.jpg (121.8 KB)
Re: printer not online
January 25, 2014 02:39PM
That means that the command in config.g to put the firmware in Marlin emulation mode has not run. Check config.g is correct on the SD card. If you haven't already replaced the supplied SD card by a better one, do so.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 25, 2014 03:20PM
It's the same card I've been using since I discover the original card was US....
I was printing perfectly with it 5 minutes before....
Now its all freezing.. Just downloading Bossa again to re-program the firmware to see if the fixes it.
I did have it, but think I deleted it after upgrading it originally.
January 25, 2014 04:11PM
You need to use the bossa version from the Arduino zip installer. The one from the bossa website doesn't have the switches needed.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 25, 2014 05:00PM
Thanks Ian, yes I found it thanks.....
I had to read your instructions a couple of times to find where the file was hiding. (Over tired here after a month at work, so decidedly dense at the moment). Home time on Wednesday.......hot smiley
I have put the Bossac.exe and the latest BIN file in a zip file here and attached for others to use (saves people searching)....
Well it seems very strange, the printer is perfect again now since I re-did the Firmware, and the print quality
seems to have improved as well, but there again I have done two little mods.

1) I've insulated the first 40mm or so of the PTFE tube where it goes in to the extruder...(Reason... the tube was very cold, which meant the plastic was getting chilled before going in to the extruder.

2) I've used some Kapton tape to blank the fan vent that was blowing on to the extruder....(Reason... Even with the extruder heater on there was a pip of plastic on the end of the extruder where it had set.

I'm printing on glass here, but clean it with vinegar JUST before printing as DC42 suggested..

Kim
Attachments:
open | download - Firmware Up Date 057a.zip (354.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login