Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y Belt Slipped Out - Temporary Solution

Posted by jordanD85 
Y Belt Slipped Out - Temporary Solution
January 24, 2014 05:35PM
My Y-Belt slipped out of the gripping slot today during a large print. I came up with what I feel is a good but somewhat temporary fix. Put a bolt through the large part of the slot and tighten it down, should prevent the belt from slipping out.

Hopefully this can help others before this happens during a print.

Jordan

Re: Y Belt Slipped Out - Temporary Solution
January 24, 2014 05:42PM
Some permanent solution for this problem can be found here

[forums.reprap.org]

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
January 24, 2014 06:10PM
Nice fix Jordan - Matt's solution grips like I don't know what, I can't get it to budge at all. I had to apply a bit of tightening afterwards since I'm too old (and manly) to do two things at once (pull hard and insert) - if you get the time to print a set then do. In my case the belt slipped along its length, rather than sideways (like yours seems to have done), but I guess yours will slip the other way eventually...

Ray

reading this back it looks like I'm putting innuendo into every line, but I'm seriously not
January 25, 2014 12:25AM
My non 3D printed solution
(Personally I dont think much of the original method of fastening and tensioning the Y belt. Its a classic example of one of those "Eureka" solutions that unfortunately just dont really work well in practise. You waste a print at least to find out whats wrong and possibly a lot of time trying to find why your prints are going wrong in the Y direction...

regards
Andy

Ormerod #318
www.zoomworks.org - Free and Open Source Stuff smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login