Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod Print Speeds

Posted by PaulHam 
Ormerod Print Speeds
February 09, 2014 03:14PM
Hi all,

Who has tried upping the speed of their prints and would you share the numbers?

I want to have some slic3r configs for fine, normal and draft (like a normal printer) so that if i need a quick check to see if a piece will work then a rough print on draft setting would be good before spending hours printing something and realising it wont work.

Thanks
Paul
Re: Ormerod Print Speeds
February 09, 2014 03:24PM
You might find some useful data in thread [forums.reprap.org].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 03:25PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Ormerod Print Speeds
February 09, 2014 03:49PM
In that thread, you mentioned that the firmware is supposed to accelerate/decelerate at the specified rate - have you verified that it does? Your test case of a full axis move isn't exactly real-world (plenty of t for the dx to change over) - what happens when decelerating around a 2mm 45 degree notch for instance - does X veloctiy decrease so Y can, or does the x velocity stay constant, and the Y velocity instantaneously invert? On my machine the banging suggests the latter case (I presumed it was the head snarling on pridges on the print layed down in previous levels, but running with no filament produces similar results)

Ray
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login