Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black colour strong absorbing IR radiation

Posted by Mr.Lupastr 
Black colour strong absorbing IR radiation
February 20, 2014 11:16AM
Black colour strong absorbing IR radiation, thereby IR sensor may have very small sensitivity.
Spacing between IR probe and Lego has been cca 3mm.
Here are results:

colour: G31 code:
Gray 203
Yellow 560
Black 33
Blue 440
Red 432
White 692
Green 370

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2014 06:25AM by Mr.Lupastr.
Attachments:
open | download - CAM_0300.jpg (127 KB)
Re: Black colour strong absorbing IR radiation
February 20, 2014 11:22AM
Mr.Lupastr
Black colour strong absorbing IR radiation, thereby IR sensor may have very small sensitivity.
Spacing between IR probe and Lego has been cca 3mm.
Here are results:

colour: G31 code:
Gray 203
Yellow 560
Black 33
Blue 440
Red 432
White 692
Green 370
Interesting results, but why are you investigating this point?
The IR sensor encapsulant (probably dark red) is designed to filter out IR of longer wavelength than the emitter/receiver frequencies, so not affected too much by stray light.
White is suggested as the reflector for the reasons shown in your results.
But I like your test rig!

Ormerod #007 (shaken but not stirred!)
February 20, 2014 04:42PM
My report is for those, which experimenting with different bed colours. As well as, when anybody will build ORMEROD from black filament is necessary to sign (mark)
home point X-axis - for example white.
My problem was after finishing ORMEROD. After G28 X0 code carriage
pushed at the end X-axis. My opinium was - IR sensor is wrong. That is why I measured IR sensor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2014 05:56AM by Mr.Lupastr.
February 20, 2014 04:51PM
Yes I liked your data, it does get you thinking of options, I just wondered what triggered this test.
From your answer, regarding the X axis, did you cover the lug with white tape?
Those of us with red had issues and from your data green is even worse.

Ormerod #007 (shaken but not stirred!)
February 20, 2014 05:05PM
Mr.Lupastr
My report is for those, which experimenting with different bed colours. As well as, when anybody will build ORMEROD from black filament is necessary to sign (mark)
home point X-axis - for example white.
Yes, many other people have also found it necessary to stick some reflective tape or some white paint on the X homing tab. Also, X homing may not work if the IR sensor is close to the bed because there is enough reflection from the glass to make the sensor think it is over the homing tab. The updated X homing code first raises the head by 5mm before homing.

You will find other useful information by reading this forum, but I can understand that quickly browsing through hundreds of posts is probably not so easy when English is not your first language. In which country do you live?

Dave
(#106)
February 20, 2014 05:15PM
I love the idea of this test, and Lego was a very clever way of doing it I think... (we have to use what is available...)
If you did the test with a distance of 0.1mm from the probe, then I might try different coloured glass.
I use my IR Probe to Home the Z axis now directly on to Dark Red Glass... I get constant readings at 0.1mm that are repeatable.
The reason why I chose Red Glass was to filter out other light. So far so good here....

Love that test there thou...

Kim

PS Ditch the Kapton Tape next time it rips.... Wash the glass with washing up liquid (rub it in), rinse, paper towel dry.
Mount glass.... Heater Bed on.... While heating wipe with paper towel with Vinegar on... and wipe dry....
I found the print sticks like mud to a blanket.....
After it's finished.... Rinse with cold water.... Print drops off.... Repeat ready for next print....

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
February 20, 2014 05:30PM
Mr Lupastr - perhaps you've got the X motor cable the wrong way round? When you tell X to home, it should move directly towards the X motor .

Ray
February 21, 2014 03:20AM
Hi,

Thanks for your reflections, comments and suggestions.
My problem with code G28 "Home all" was solved. Line four homeall.g file: G1 X-240 F2000 S1
has been rewriten to G1 X-240 F200 S1. Initial speed for carriage return was decreased and all is OK.
Maybe SW is slow (or HW fast :-) )

Once more thanks,
Lubos

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2014 06:22AM by Mr.Lupastr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login