Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mirror

Posted by ZeAllan 
Mirror
February 18, 2014 04:23PM
Hi,

Found a cheap 2x magnifying mirror in the bathroom department of a local hardware store. Fits nicely on the Duet lid just outside of the bed, and works great to give a better view of what's going on... :-)

/Allan
Re: Mirror
February 19, 2014 04:40AM
Brilliant idea!

..and have fun mounting those wheels if they are what I think ;-) (thank you much to iamburny)

to line up the screw with the gear, in a drill press, drill a 3mm hole in a block of wood

"set" the screw straight with a hammer

make sure the driver wheel is screwed on tight

the hairy part! - its a very good idea to support the no drive end of the motor axle directly

I had to fire form the gear with a gas flame to make them go just right but dare not show the pictures (don't try this at home kids)
Did test the drive at currents 600 mA to make sure everything was fine and it was

Erik
February 20, 2014 05:37PM
Thanks -- I have decided that my prints must have shrunk just a little bit and put them aside in order to try the z-nut wheel with different temperatures until the nut fits on that none -- but if it doesn't, contructive violence it is! :-)

/Allan
February 20, 2014 06:00PM
I found that the z-gears I printed were swollen both on the inside and the outside. Reducing the extrusion multiplier to 0.9 allowed me to print z-gears that fit, except for trimming the edges off the bottom layer around the hole. I used the default infill of 0.4. Subsequently I printed the thin-wall test piece, which confirmed that 0.9 was the correct extrusion factor for my machine with the filament and temperatures I am using.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 21, 2014 04:46AM
hi,

Sounds like that setting is worth a try. I definitely need another motor so I can test the measurements without having to disassembling something each time.

/Allan
February 21, 2014 04:54AM
Seeing as I've now mastered bed adhesion directly onto glass, I reduced the first layer thickness considerably (default is 200%) which helped massively with the whole nasty first layer problem, you can find it in the Advanced category on the Print Settings tab.

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
February 22, 2014 04:20AM
I love the gears. I printed some, had trouble fitting them, and they were out of true.
(not the gears fault thou, read on).
I found they were jamming, so went back to using the original gears.
The next day I printed something else and realized a vertical hole wasn't formed
correctly, so I started to check out the machine.
The Z axis had shifted by about 5' out of true.
I'm trying to work out a way to fit a stiffener that won't foul anything.
As my machine gets moved about alot and is subject to alot of vibration I'm not
surprised. So at the moment I just have to remember to check the Z axis is true before
printing.. If I was lucky enough not to have to move the machine then I wouldn't
have this problem.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login