Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Google chrome help please...

Posted by Davek0974 
Google chrome help please...
February 28, 2014 03:27PM
I have now managed to build my Ormerod and am working through commissioning it.

Just got it connected via the Ethernet but chrome does not show any buttons just the empty position and heat boxes etc.

I am using a direct connection from laptop to ormerod.

Any ideas how to get the control buttons to show??

Another RS Ormerod Mk1 meets the world smiling smiley

Retired now but I used to make....
CNC Machined Mk1 aluminium bed support plates for the Ormerod
CNC machined X-plates and ribs for Mk1 & Mk2 Ormerods
CNC machined bed support arms for the Mk2 Ormerod.
Dual Hot-End heatsink blocks.
Re: Google chrome help please...
February 28, 2014 03:43PM
To get the buttons to show, your laptop needs an Internet connection as well. This is because the .css and .js files are fetched not from the Duet but form RepRapPro's site.

I strongly recommend you use Matt's web interface instead of the original one, see [github.com]. It works even better with my firmware, see [github.com].

To get your laptop talking to both the internet and the Duet at the same time, you may need to bridge the wired and wireless network connections, if your laptop normally connects to the internet via a wireless router.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2014 03:44PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 28, 2014 04:34PM
Thanks dc42

Looking at the notes it mentions changing file pointers to "the local web server" where would that be?

Sounds like I might be better practising just with pronterface first?

I only went for web connection as it mentioned it in the axis compensation section of the guide, can it be fully setup with pronterface etc?
February 28, 2014 05:38PM
Davek0974
Thanks dc42

Looking at the notes it mentions changing file pointers to "the local web server" where would that be?

I only went for web connection as it mentioned it in the axis compensation section of the guide, can it be fully setup with pronterface etc?

Yes, you can fully set up with Pronterface. To get the best results, use the "Advanced" install of Pronterface (the one where you install the Python source code) and apply a patch to it described here [forums.reprap.org]. The web interface does most things better, except that in Pronterface you can upload config.g and reprap.htm to the SD card in the Duet, which you can't yet do from the web interface.

If you use Matt's web interface, you can use it either with a local web server running on your PC (e.g. Apache), or with an Internet connection - the readme on Matt's page that I linked to earlier describes both options.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2014 05:38PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 28, 2014 07:03PM
Davek0974
Thanks dc42

You can set it up with Pronterface only (you don't even need a special Pronterface version). Have a look at my post for the commands that you will need.
March 01, 2014 03:46AM
Flyskyhy
Davek0974
Thanks dc42

You can set it up with Pronterface only (you don't even need a special Pronterface version). Have a look at my post for the commands that you will need.

Brilliant, that sounds better.

Why, when every device under the sun has a web interface, does something as smart as the Ormerod need backup from the internet or a server just to serve a browser interface?

I'm not moaning here, just trying to get a handle on how and why.

Will be getting her going later hopefully.
March 01, 2014 05:37AM
Davek0974
Why, when every device under the sun has a web interface, does something as smart as the Ormerod need backup from the internet or a server just to serve a browser interface?

It's because the web interface uses .js and .css files in addition to the html file, and the web server in the firmware isn't yet capable of supporting the multiple concurrent connections that are needed to support that. I intend to look into it further, but right now I have higher priority items to fix.

March 01, 2014 10:07AM
Ok, thanks for the explanation smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login