Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

heating issues

Posted by redblunt 
heating issues
March 30, 2014 03:54PM
hey people,

after standard issues and updating firmware i came to start my first print: ormaxis.g.
but the heating time of the extruder takes about 20 to 30min to heat up to 176°C
and it does not seem to rise above it falls down und rises up a little before i updated
the firmware i had the same problem. BUT the very first test two days ago after the
assembly it took like 10 to 15min to heat up to 200°C.

i will wait a little longer to let it heat if it does not it 200°C ill messure the voltage
and amperes that come out of the heating power suply. does anyone know where
to find the values to be expected there? or does it in fact take an half our to heat up?

greetings red

Red Ormerod No. 281

Mods:
-My Bedsupport Mk2
-My upper z mount
-Davek0974s Aluminium X-Rib
-iamburnys Z Gears
-Form232-teks Cthulhu cooling ductg
-MasonStonehenges spring-loaded extruder

RepRapFirmware-0.78k-dc42,
web interface 0.99, Win7
Re: heating issues
March 30, 2014 04:10PM
I suggest you check that the cartridge heater is still fully pushed into the aluminium block, and the thermistor is still roughly in the centre of the block. Then check the 6 pin connector.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 30, 2014 05:08PM
aaaaaah yes found it thermistor was out totaly *shame*
thanks again
March 30, 2014 05:39PM
That happened to me after I fitted one of my hot end boards. I spent several hours wondering why the PID controller was oscillating and the extruder seemed to be too hot!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 31, 2014 10:07AM
Yes, something was definitely wrong :-)

My hotend takes only a minute or so to reach 230 deg C On one occasion it was not heating quickly, and I saw that most of the heater cartridge had come out of the block. So I tried to push it back in ... That was a while ago, and the blisters on my fingertips have almost healed ...

Dave
(#106)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login