Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tinkering With Settings

Posted by KimBrown 
Tinkering With Settings
April 11, 2014 11:29PM
Recently I started trying to speed up the print speed, by altering the settings in Slic3r.
Now I started by increasing the speeds by 5mm/s each time. That worked to a point.
So with my thirst for speed, I reluctantly raised the Amps from 800mA, to 1000mA.
What a dramatic affect.... Now every print was getting wrecked because the HotEnd was moving so violently
that it was lifting the print off the glass, or one area of the print where there was a speed/direction change was getting an
extra load of Goo as the HotEnd flapped around.....
So for now I've reduced the Amps again and I'm able to print.
Now it's dawned on me that acceleration is the problem, and I was wondering if anyone had tried any acceleration settings in
Slic3r?

Kim

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Re: Tinkering With Settings
April 12, 2014 04:02AM
Sorry Kim, I haven't got that brave yet.

You did inspire me to up the speed to 35mm/s though and I am really happy with the results I get at that speed. (It's never fast enough though, as we grow in confidence, our designs are growing too.)

Regards,

Les
Re: Tinkering With Settings
April 12, 2014 04:09AM
I've reduced the accelerations of the x and y axes by putting a M201 command in config.g. I haven't done enough prints to properly assess whether this improves print quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2014 04:47AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login