Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebClient Question

Posted by sevenljy 
WebClient Question
May 09, 2014 10:52AM
I want to change the Webclient interface. I found that there are three website files in the SD-image file.
I just changed the reprap.htm and remained reprap.remote.min.htm and ab-reprap.htm files unchanged.
And I upload the changed reprap.htm into my SD-card. Could I view my new Webclient interface which was made myself?
I just want to know what the function of reprap.remote.min.htm and ab-reprap.htm files is ?
Could you help me ?Thanks
Re: WebClient Question
May 09, 2014 11:03AM

Re: WebClient Question
May 09, 2014 11:21AM
I think you are looking at the www files as published by reprap. Reprap.htm is their version of a web interface. They have also included a very early version of the iamburny web interface reprap.remote.min.htm. To use the latter version you would rename it to reprap.htm (and removing or renaming the original).

To be honest if you want to make changes to the web interface then you should be looking at the one developed by iamburny and added to by dc42. The original reprap one in my view was not fit for purpose and many have struggled to get it to do anything at all. They may have updated it a bit but there are better choices.

The iamburny one is now very functional and with the dc42 firmware can run completely self-contained from the duet server without requiring internet accessed support files.

Edit: Looking at the reprap.htm supplied with 0.65 from reprap, it does actually look like they have used a fair chunk of the iamburny code, so it is radically different to the original reprap one but still needs the remotely sourced support files. It would need more careful looking at to see which version of the iamburny it is roughly equivalent to.

Edit2: So it is pretty much the iamburny web version 0.65 from 3 months ago. Light years ahead of the original but missing lots of new features and fixes added since then.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2014 11:45AM by bobtidey.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login